Subject: bug#27009: 25.1; Tramp stuck on wrong host

From: Devon Sean McCullough <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 20:41:44 +0800

In the current nightly build, tramp fails to tell ssh to connect to the user-specified port
so it tries default port 22 instead.  Am I missing something really obvious here?

		Peace
			--Devon

bash$ Open -n -a /Applications/Emacs-2017f07w.app --args --no-init-file --no-site-file --no-site-lisp --eval '(dired "/scp:127.0.0.1#2222:”)’

ssh: connect to host 127.0.0.1 port 22: Connection Refused^M

U:**@  *tramp/scp 127.0.0.1#2222*  All  L2     (Fundamental)

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F1911))
 of 2017-06-07 built on builder10-9.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
Recent messages:

For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Tramp: Opening connection for 127.0.0.1 using scp...
Tramp: Sending command ‘exec ssh   -o ControlMaster=auto -o ControlPath='tramp.%C' -o ControlPersist=no -e none 127.0.0.1’
Tramp: Waiting for prompts from remote shell...
Tramp failed to connect.  If this happens repeatedly, try
    ‘M-x tramp-cleanup-this-connection’
Tramp: Waiting for prompts from remote shell...failed
Tramp: Opening connection for 127.0.0.1 using scp...failed
tramp-file-name-handler: Tramp failed to connect.  If this happens repeatedly, try
    ‘M-x tramp-cleanup-this-connection’
Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message subr-x puny seq rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils tramp-cmds tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring parse-time format-spec advice auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv eieio-loaddefs
cl-loaddefs cl-lib password-cache dired dired-loaddefs time-date tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 218715 4885)
 (symbols 48 21515 1)
 (miscs 40 46 164)
 (strings 32 25033 7176)
 (string-bytes 1 865927)
 (vectors 16 38152)
 (vector-slots 8 729944 4504)
 (floats 8 65 283)
 (intervals 56 203 0)
 (buffers 976 12))