Subject: Re: bug#27009: 25.1; Tramp stuck on wrong host

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 16:28:09 +0200

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Devon,

> I plan to reserve an own slot for the port in the tramp-file-name
> vector. Maybe even converting this to a defstruct. This would be
> future-proof, and it should show immediately the places I have missed to
> change.

I took the opportunity to implement this. Now, the bug is fixed.

If you have any chance to test the development version of Emacs (the
upcoming 26.1 release), you could crosscheck this.

Due to the new defstruct and its mechanery, I had to cut Emacs 23
backward compatibility for Tramp 2.3. I don't know how many users are
hit by this; hopefully not too many.

> But this will be a more complex change.

With the default settings for tramp-tests.el, all test cases pass. But
for some other methods, there are still failures. Will continue to test.

>> 		Peace
>> 			—Devon

Best regards, Michael.