Subject: Re: bug#27007: boot-parameters are not documented

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 13:40:38 +0200

> and those entries would be “lowered” to <boot-parameters> somewhere.
> That way we’d provide the abstraction level that users may expect (“how
> do I add a menu entry for my other distro?”) and at the same time reduce
> the risk of mistakes (“I didn’t what to put in ‘store-device’ I put my
> pet’s name there”).
>
> WDYT?  :-)
>

It seems fine ! So to summarize, <menu-entry> would be moved to (gnu
bootloader). A procedure menu-entry->boot-parameters would assure
the mapping in (gnu bootloader).

Each booloader in (gnu bootloader xxx), would add
bootloader-configuration-menu-entries to generated entries.

I'll be afk for a week, but I'll submit a patch and the updated
documentation for this point when coming back.

Thanks for your fast answers :)

Mathieu