Subject: bug#27007: boot-parameters are not documented

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 17:55:19 +0200

Hi!

Tomáš Čech <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Defining other operating system entry:
>
> (menu-entry
>  (label "openSUSE")
>  (linux "(hd0,msdos1)/vmlinuz")
>  (linux-arguments (list  "root=/dev/penguin/opensuse"  "init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd"))
>  (initrd "(hd0,msdos1)/initrd"))))))

I think <menu-entry> is the right abstraction level for this use case;
<boot-parameters> may be overkill for that.

To me <boot-parameters> was an internal thing, I didn’t understand we
were going to expose it.  Can’t we keep exposing ‘menu-entry’?  We’ll
probably have support the ‘menu-entry’ form for backward-compatibility
reasons at least.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Ludo’.