Subject: [bug#27002] [PATCH] gnu: Add lollypop.

From: Thomas Danckaert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 14:08:37 +0200

rennes <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
> Lollypop is a modern and intuitive music player.
> Lint and tested.

Hi,

looks good to me, though the recent update of the gmime package (commit
a512ca81e) breaks the totem-pl-parser package, so lollypop doesn't build
on current guix master.

I tested it on the commit before the gmime update (f54efbdc4), and was
able to build it, but the program would not run.  Something about a
gstreamer issue, though I have the gst-plugins-xyz packages in my
profile.

(lollypop:16613): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_bin_add: assertion 'GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed

(lollypop:16613): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_get_static_pad: assertion 'GST_IS_ELEMENT (element)' failed

(lollypop:16613): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_object_unref: assertion 'object != NULL' failed
Replay Gain not available,

Is there anything I should do to make this work, or are there extra
variables that should be set when wrapping the executable?

I also noticed that the executable gets wrapped twice: bin/lollypop
wraps bin/.lollypop-real, which wraps bin/..lollypop-real-real :-) Can
this be avoided, or is it a side-effect of using the python build system
and wrapping the result?

Thomas