Subject: bug#26993: 25.2; package.el: docstrings keep pointing to old code after package upgrade

From: Heikki Lehvaslaiho <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 10:56:00 +0300

There is a long standing problem that keeps docstrings pointing to the old
location after the package has been upgraded.

See
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/12158/docstrings-are-invalid-after-upgrading-packages

Emacs restart or manual load-library on the new new file do fix the
problem, but shouldn't loading happen automatically at package upgrade?

I could not find a previously submitted bug, nor is the paradox package
trying to handle this problem. I mostly upgrade using the
function paradox-upgrade-packages.

  -Heikki

In GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS appkit-1265.21 Version
10.9.5 (Build 13F1911))
 of 2017-04-21 built on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1504
Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8