Subject: bug#26983: closed (Re: bug#26983: crash report, my emacs is not configured to send email)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2017 16:18:02 +0000

Your bug report

#26983: [macOS] crash following paste (failed applet api request?)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
26983: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=26983
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#26983: crash report, my emacs is not configured to send email
From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
To: Charles Magid <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2017 17:17:30 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Charles Magid <[email-masked]> writes:

> I started emacs in a console.  The following is the output at the time
> of the crash.  I do not have steps to reproduce.  I was just pasting
> into a buffer. Looking at this backtrace, my swag was a guard needs to
> be added to protect emacs from failed apple api request.
>
> ```
> $ emacs&
> [1] 1255
> vmm (development_FR-124-2nd)$ 2017-05-18 10:45:55.918 Emacs[1255:10912] *** Assertion failure in -[NSRemoteView informAuxServiceOfSelf], /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/ViewBridge/ViewBridge-282/NSRemoteView.m:3210
> 2017-05-18 10:45:55.930 Emacs[1255:10912] IMKInputSession presentFunctionRowItemTextInputViewWithEndpoint:completionHandler: : [self textInputContext]=0x1009e86d0 *NO* NSRemoteViewController to client, NSError=Error
> Domain=com.apple.ViewBridge Code=8 "(null)" UserInfo={com.apple.ViewBridge.error.hint=__38-[NSRemoteView _advanceToConfigPhase:]_block_invoke.2462 caught NSInternalInconsistencyException '<NSRemoteView: 0x11ba82d90> lost
> its aux service connection' with backtrace (

Hi, sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

I've got no idea what's causing this error. As far as I can tell
NSRemoteView and ViewBridge are to do with "app extensions" displaying
things within the application. I think that the emoji selection
interface is an example.

As far as I'm aware, though, Emacs doesn't support anything like that. I
don't know how to go about invoking one either.

Since this appears to have been a one-off, and I've no idea how to
replicate or fix it, I'll close this bug report. If you're still seeing
crashes like this, let us know so we can re-open the bug.
-- 
Alan Third

Subject: crash report, my emacs is not configured to send email
From: Charles Magid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 11:46:38 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 25.2; crash
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 11:44:21 -0400
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
--text follows this line--

I started emacs in a console.  The following is the output at the time
of the crash.  I do not have steps to reproduce.  I was just pasting
into a buffer. Looking at this backtrace, my swag was a guard needs to
be added to protect emacs from failed apple api request.

```
$ emacs&
[1] 1255
vmm (development_FR-124-2nd)$ 2017-05-18 10:45:55.918 Emacs[1255:10912] ***
Assertion failure in -[NSRemoteView informAuxServiceOfSelf],
/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/ViewBridge/ViewBridge-282/NSRemoteView.m:3210
2017-05-18 10:45:55.930 Emacs[1255:10912] IMKInputSession
presentFunctionRowItemTextInputViewWithEndpoint:completionHandler: : [self
textInputContext]=0x1009e86d0 *NO* NSRemoteViewController to client,
NSError=Error Domain=com.apple.ViewBridge Code=8 "(null)"
UserInfo={com.apple.ViewBridge.error.hint=__38-[NSRemoteView
_advanceToConfigPhase:]_block_invoke.2462 caught
NSInternalInconsistencyException '<NSRemoteView: 0x11ba82d90> lost its aux
service connection' with backtrace (
0   CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff9dbb137b
__exceptionPreprocess + 171
1   libobjc.A.dylib                     0x00007fffb29a548d
objc_exception_throw + 48
2   CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff9dbb6082 +[NSException
raise:format:arguments:] + 98
3   Foundation                          0x00007fff9f5fdce0
-[NSAssertionHandler
handleFailureInMethod:object:file:lineNumber:description:] + 195
4   ViewBridge                          0x00007fffb13fbcf6 -[NSRemoteView
informAuxServiceOfSelf] + 495
5   ViewBridge                          0x00007fffb13fc5aa -[NSRemoteView
_finishAdvanceToConfigPhaseWithContextID:andServiceViewSize:andOffset:] +
685
6   ViewBridge                          0x00007fffb14103c4
__38-[NSRemoteView _advanceToConfigPhase:]_block_invoke.2462 + 103
7   CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff9db24c3c __invoking___ +
140
8   CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff9db24ac1 -[NSInvocation
invoke] + 289
9   ViewBridge                          0x00007fffb14376a9
withHintInProgress + 487
10  ViewBridge                          0x00007fffb14373e0
__deferNSXPCInvocationOntoMainThread_block_invoke_2 + 233
11  ViewBridge                          0x00007fffb13bb779
+[NSViewServiceApplication withHostPID:invoke:] + 46
12  ViewBridge                          0x00007fffb14372a3
__deferNSXPCInvocationOntoMainThread_block_invoke + 179
13  ViewBridge                          0x00007fffb1436e97
__deferBlockOntoMainThread_block_invoke_2 + 544
14  CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff9db4721c
__CFRUNLOOP_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_A_BLOCK__ + 12
15  CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff9db28034
__CFRunLoopDoBlocks + 356
16  CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff9db27b76 __CFRunLoopRun +
1878
17  CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff9db271c4
CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 420
18  HIToolbox                           0x00007fff9d2c519e
-[IMKInputSessionXPCInvocation invocationAwaitXPCReply] + 606
19  HIToolbox                           0x00007fff9d2c7750
-[IMKInputSession activate] + 3471
20  HIToolbox                           0x00007fff9d27b7ab
IMKInputSessionActivate + 36
21  HIToolbox                           0x00007fff9d27ab3c
ActivateInputMethodInstance + 100
22  HIToolbox                           0x00007fff9d26f4ca
utOpenActivateSelectedInputMethodInDoc + 369
23  HIToolbox                           0x00007fff9d26f334
utOpenActivateAllSelectedIMInDocIterator + 21
24  CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff9dae9eb4
CFArrayApplyFunction + 68
25  HIToolbox                           0x00007fff9d0a4384
utOpenActivateAllSelectedIMInDoc + 187
26  HIToolbox                           0x00007fff9d09cee8
MyActivateTSMDocument + 1910
27  AppKit                              0x00007fff9b767c5d
-[NSTextInputContext activate] + 284
28  AppKit                              0x00007fff9bff8f32
+[NSTextInputContext currentInputContext_withFirstResponderSync:] + 362
29  AppKit                              0x00007fff9b626212 -[NSApplication
updateWindows] + 96
30  AppKit                              0x00007fff9ba5e38f
__38-[NSApplication setWindowsNeedUpdate:]_block_invoke.2372 + 68
31  CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff9db46dd7
__CFRUNLOOP_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_AN_OBSERVER_CALLBACK_FUNCTION__ + 23
32  CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff9db46d47
__CFRunLoopDoObservers + 391
33  CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff9db27789 __CFRunLoopRun +
873
34  CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff9db271c4
CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 420
35  HIToolbox                           0x00007fff9d088ebc
RunCurrentEventLoopInMode + 240
36  HIToolbox                           0x00007fff9d088bf9
ReceiveNextEventCommon + 184
37  HIToolbox                           0x00007fff9d088b26
_BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInModeWithFilter + 71
38  AppKit                              0x00007fff9b623e24 _DPSNextEvent +
1120
39  AppKit                              0x00007fff9bd9f85e
-[NSApplication(NSEvent)
_nextEventMatchingEventMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] + 2796
40  AppKit                              0x00007fff9b6187ab -[NSApplication
run] + 926
41  Emacs                               0x000000010015ff64 -[EmacsApp run]
+ 373
42  Emacs                               0x000000010015ed64 ns_select + 830
43  Emacs                               0x000000010013ab34
wait_reading_process_output + 2807
44  Emacs                               0x00000001000a1cb5 read_char + 5791
45  Emacs                               0x000000010009ee97
read_key_sequence + 2115
46  Emacs                               0x000000010009d82a command_loop_1 +
742
47  Emacs                               0x00000001001013dd
internal_condition_case + 70
48  Emacs                               0x00000001000a9b0c command_loop_2 +
37
49  Emacs                               0x0000000100100fc9 internal_catch +
54
50  Emacs                               0x000000010009ce4d command_loop +
156
51  Emacs                               0x000000010009cd6f recursive_edit_1
+ 113
52  Emacs                               0x000000010009cf84 Frecursive_edit
+ 219
53  Emacs                               0x000000010009bfc4 main + 5124
54  libdyld.dylib                       0x00007fffb328a235 start + 1
55  ???                                 0x0000000000000001 0x0 + 1
), com.apple.ViewBridge.error.description=NSViewBridgeExceptionError},
com.apple.inputmethod.EmojiFunctionRowItem
2017-05-18 10:50:55.427 Emacs[1255:10912] IMKInputSession
presentFunctionRowItemTextInputViewWithEndpoint:completionHandler: : [self
textInputContext]=0x1009e86d0 *NO* NSRemoteViewController to client,
NSError=Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "The connection from pid
0 was invalidated from this process." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=The
connection from pid 0 was invalidated from this process.},
com.apple.inputmethod.EmojiFunctionRowItem
```

In GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin16.5.0, NS appkit-1504.82 Version
10.12.4 (Build 16E195))
 of 2017-04-22 built on Charles-Magid.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1504
Configured using:
 'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-locallisppath=/Users/cmagid/brew/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/Users/cmagid/brew/Cellar/emacs/25.2/share/info/emacs
 --prefix=/Users/cmagid/brew/Cellar/emacs/25.2 --without-x --with-xml2
 --without-dbus --without-gnutls --without-imagemagick --with-ns
 --disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
JPEG NOTIFY ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  csv-field-index-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  wrap-region-global-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  textmate-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Indentation setup for shell type sh
1 matches for "\_<require\_>"
Setting up indent for shell type bash
Indentation variables are now local.
Indentation setup for shell type bash
Wrote /Users/cmagid/.emacs.d/.emacs.desktop.lock
Desktop: 1 frame, 283 buffers restored.
Loading /Users/cmagid/.emacs.d/chasm-key-bindings.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/cmagid/.emacs.d/chasm-init.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
/Users/cmagid/.emacs.d/el-get/loc-changes/loc-changes hides
/Users/cmagid/.emacs.d/elpa/loc-changes-20160801.1008/loc-changes
/Users/cmagid/.emacs.d/el-get/load-relative/load-relative hides
/Users/cmagid/.emacs.d/elpa/load-relative-20160716.438/load-relative
~/.emacs.d/el-get/el-get-install hides
/Users/cmagid/.emacs.d/elpa/load-relative-20160716.438/el-get-install
/Users/cmagid/.emacs.d/el-get/test-simple/test-simple hides
/Users/cmagid/.emacs.d/elpa/test-simple-20170117.411/test-simple
/Users/cmagid/.emacs.d/elpa/bubbles-0.5/bubbles hides
/Users/cmagid/brew/Cellar/emacs/25.2/share/emacs/25.2/lisp/play/bubbles

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug sendmail sublimity-map sublimity-scroll
sublimity git-timemachine haml-mode js cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs css-mode
rhtml-mode rhtml-navigation rhtml-sgml-hacks rhtml-ruby-hook rhtml-erb
rhtml-fonts csv-mode sort conf-mode sgml-mode markdown-mode yaml-mode
sh-script executable org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info
org-gnus org-docview doc-view subr-x jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex
bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys
ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash
magit-bisect magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-branch magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode
magit-core magit-autorevert magit-process magit-margin magit-mode
magit-git magit-section magit-popup git-commit magit-utils crm log-edit
message rfc822 mml mml-sec epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log with-editor
async-bytecomp async tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver
format-spec robe url-handlers url-http tls gnutls url-auth mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr
password-cache url-vars mailcap json map etags xref project eieio
eieio-core autorevert filenotify linum vc-git diff-mode inf-ruby
thingatpt rspec-mode flymake compile auto-complete popup yafolding
ruby-mode smie ls-lisp yasnippet webjump browse-url wrap-region dash
rainbow-mode easy-mmode color markerpen whitespace shell pcomplete
comint ansi-color ring todotxt ido desktop frameset server cus-edit
textmate imenu iedit rect .loaddefs el-get el-get-autoloads
el-get-list-packages el-get-dependencies el-get-build el-get-status pp
el-get-methods el-get-fossil el-get-svn el-get-pacman el-get-github-zip
el-get-github-tar el-get-http-zip el-get-http-tar el-get-hg el-get-go
el-get-git-svn el-get-fink el-get-emacswiki el-get-http el-get-notify
el-get-emacsmirror el-get-github el-get-git el-get-elpa el-get-darcs
el-get-cvs el-get-bzr el-get-brew el-get-builtin el-get-apt-get
el-get-recipes derived el-get-byte-compile el-get-custom el-get-core
cl-seq cl-macs autoload lisp-mnt cl dired tango-dark-theme delsel paren
crosshairs col-highlight vline hl-line+ hl-line cus-start cus-load
finder-inf evernote-mode tree-widget wid-edit rx advice info edmacro
kmacro package epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 793557 68394)
 (symbols 48 46312 0)
 (miscs 40 51072 4050)
 (strings 32 150393 19704)
 (string-bytes 1 3978975)
 (vectors 16 68444)
 (vector-slots 8 1209618 33116)
 (floats 8 1471 560)
 (intervals 56 58504 15)
 (buffers 976 302))

-- 

Charles Magid

SOFTWARE ENGINEER

[email-masked]

onedoor.com <http://www.onedoor.com/>

(617) 401-4692

M (781) 392-5184

268 Summer Street

Suite 800

Boston, MA 02210

This email and any of its attachments may contain proprietary information,
which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyrights belonging to
One Door. This email is intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of
this email, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution,
copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to
this is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this
email in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete
the original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout. Thank you.