Subject: bug#26982: 25.2; emacs crashes after lisp started

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 23:57:02 +0100

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 05:13:51PM -0500, Pete Bonasso wrote:
> Alan,
> 
> Okay, I made emacs from HEAD, but the same problem occurs, and there are
> other things that are flakey (the Lisp version doesn't show and the menus
> don't have all the options (before I start lisp)), so I went back to the
> stable version.
> 
> But here's an interesting observation: on my macbook-pro I can do fn-10 and
> the menus show up as a drop down in my emacs window -- and they all work!
> 
> So I guess that means the problem is related to the interface with the mac,
> maybe with xcode?

It could be worth updating to the latest versions of everything. I
don’t know.

Are you able to run Emacs in a debugger and get a backtrace when it
crashes?

-- 
Alan Third