Subject: bug#26982: 25.2; emacs crashes after lisp started

From: Pete Bonasso <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 09:46:55 -0500

From: Pete Bonasso <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 25.2; emacs crashes after lisp started
--text follows this line--

1) start emacs.
2) ctrl-x l to start lisp in a *common-lisp* buffer (I use ACL 10.1)
3) click on any menu (e.g., edit, options, tools)
4) emacs will crash with the single line of output on the cmd line:
"objc[17271]: Invalid or prematurely-freed autorelease pool 0x104002140."

In GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin16.6.0, NS appkit-1504.83 
Version 10.12.5 (Build 16F73))
  of 2017-05-16 built on MacBook-Pro.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1504
Configured using:
  'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
  --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
  --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/25.2/share/info/emacs
  --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/25.2 --without-x --with-xml2
  --without-dbus --without-gnutls --without-imagemagick --with-ns
  --disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
NOTIFY ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Common Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading 
/Applications/AllegroCL64.app/Contents/Resources/eli/fi-manual.elc...
Loading 
/Applications/AllegroCL64.app/Contents/Resources/eli/fi-manual-data.elc...done
Loading 
/Applications/AllegroCL64.app/Contents/Resources/eli/fi-manual.elc...done
Loading 
/Applications/AllegroCL64.app/Contents/Resources/eli/fi-emacs21.elc...done
Loading 
/Applications/AllegroCL64.app/Contents/Resources/eli/fi-site-init.el 
(source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
(New file)
package specification is ‘cl-user’
Please type y, n, or !: y
package specification is ‘cl-user’

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
vc-dispatcher vc-svn slime-autoloads fi-site-init fi-manual
allegro-manual-data thingatpt browse-url sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils add-log advice etags
xref cl-seq project eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
help-mode easymenu cconv eieio-core ring cl-macs cl gv cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 230381 7322)
  (symbols 48 26669 0)
  (miscs 40 89 266)
  (strings 32 33654 7204)
  (string-bytes 1 1163082)
  (vectors 16 37697)
  (vector-slots 8 704228 4552)
  (floats 8 234 36)
  (intervals 56 332 7)
  (buffers 976 20))