Subject: Re: bug#26952: 25.1; loops eating all memory while yanking big rectangle

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 09:25:32 +0300

> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
>  [email-masked]
> From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 13:59:33 -0700
> 
> On 05/25/2017 12:34 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > What I meant is to make hybrid_malloc the default on the same systems
> > where it is the default on master, in particular on GNU/Linux systems.
> > Not sure if this is helpful enough.
> 
> I'm afraid not. This is partly why I didn't want to backport the fix: I 
> don't know what needs to be backported, and figuring that out will be 
> nontrivial.

Noam, can you please check whether building the emacs-25 branch with
HYBRID_MALLOC defined fix the problem in this bug report?  If it does,
then I think we need to arrange for HYBRID_MALLOC to be defined on ELF
based systems where DOUG_LEA_MALLOC is not defined.  I think d6585a910
on master shows the change in configure.ac which did that.  Bug#22086
holds the relevant discussions.