Subject: Re: bug#26914: gnu: xmonad: Update to 0.13.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 09:43:48 +0200

Mekeor Melire <[email-masked]> writes:

> I tested both patches again now: they work. I tested them using both
>
>   $ ./pre-inst-env guix build      xmonad ghc-xmonad-contrib # and
>   $ ./pre-inst-env guix package -i xmonad ghc-xmonad-contrib
>
> and both worked.
>
> Before building the package, I applied the patch for ghc-x11, then I
> applied the patch for xmonad and ghc-xmonad-contrib.

Yes, you’re right.  The patch for “ghc-x11” actually hadn’t been
pushed.  I was able to build xmonad, but I noticed these warnings:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Configuring xmonad-0.13...
Warning: This package indirectly depends on multiple versions of the same
package. This is highly likely to cause a compile failure.
package process-1.2.3.0 requires directory-1.2.2.0
package xmonad-0.13 requires directory-1.2.7.0
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

This indicates that we really need to update other packages too.
I’ll push this now and close this bug, but we really need to harmonise
the Haskell packages.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net