Subject: bug#26911: 25.2; eshell "cd .." doesn't work correctly with TRAMP

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 20:56:00 +0300

> From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked],
>   [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 19:36:34 +0200
> 
> > AFAICS, tramp-cleanup-connection deletes the network connection
> > processes, but is that supposed to make sure the other side of the
> > connection exits cleanly?
> 
> It does at least when you're on GNU/Linux. What happens on MS Windows is
> beyond my knowledge.

Indeed, it's strange that the result should depend on the local
system, since the commands sent to the remote are the same in boths
cases, I'd imagine.

> Perhaps I'll call process-send-eof prior killing the process?

If you show me a patch, I can try it.  But let's continue discussing
this in the bug I filed, bug#43226.

Thanks.