Subject: bug#26897: closed (‘cmake-build-system’does not support cross-compilation)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 15:00:03 +0000

Your bug report

#26897: ‘cmake-build-system’ does not support cross-compilation

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
26897: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=26897
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: ‘cmake-build-system’ does not support cross-compilation
From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 16:59:29 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Implemented in commit d2ac5e297578dea1c872f77a26ef4d481d5dc7bd.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net

Subject: ‘cmake-build-system’ does not support cross-compilation
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 18:00:41 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Currently ‘cmake-build-system’ does not support cross-compilation, which
is becoming more and more of a problem.  For instance, it prevents
cross-compilation of Guix:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix build guix --target=aarch64-linux-gnu -n
guix build: error: gnu/packages/ssh.scm:59:2: libssh-0.7.4: build system `cmake' does not support cross builds
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I think CMake supports cross-compilation in theory, so we should try to
implement it.

Ludo’.