Subject: bug#26887: [PATCH 01/11] gnu: libdrm: Update to 2.4.80.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 23:34:53 +0200

Kei Kebreau <[email-masked]> writes:

> Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Kei Kebreau <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> Kei Kebreau <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>
>>> These patches are intended for gnome-updates. The first three are merged
>>> from master. Also, the mutter patch is not functional yet, as it
>>> probably requires some updated package from master.
>>
>> I think it's better to merge master directly instead of cherry-picking
>> these patches. We'd want to do that before starting it on Hydra anyway.
>>
>> Would you like to do it? I think we can start building it shortly, Hydra
>> seems to have caught up with recent events. Maybe it'll be ready for the
>> release :)
>>
> I can merge master and put these on top, though I can't test my patches
> very quickly (building webkitgtk+ repeatedly on 10-year-old hardware \o/).
> If your computer(s) are faster, I'd be more than happy to let you finish
> this branch.

I think these patches look fine (see other comments), at least up to
mutter. I'd suggest merging master and adding the patches leading to
it, as long as everyone is fine with adding wayland as a hard dependency
of gtk+.

Then we can start an evaluation on Hydra to get some substitutes before
trying the mutter update :)