Subject: 25.2; Customize Lockfile Name and Contents

From: Wesley Ellis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 11:42:05 -0500

--text follows this line--

This is more of a feature request/request for information.
This concerns emacs on windows 10.

I work in a small team that has been using Dreamweaver to maintain
a website maintained on a local network webserver. We each maintain
a local copy of the website and perform checkouts on the remote
files. After editing is complete we push the changes and check
the files in.

Dreamweaver uses lock files to control the checkin/checkout
processs. I've recently started using emacs and have found
that emacs also uses lock files, but the format is different
from the format used by Dreamweaver. I can change
`create-lcokfiles` to nil to disable the creation of lockfles,
but I cannot modify the format or naming convention used.

A dreamweaver lock file for test.html would be test.html.LCK
and the contents would contain the name and email address
of the user who created it (like so: [email-masked]).

Is there a way, or could we create a way to customize
lockfile format and naming conventions?

In GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2017-04-24 built on LAPHROAIG
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.10240
Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2
 -static -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: HTML

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
next-line: End of buffer
Saving file c:/Users/xb0g/Desktop/test.html...
Wrote c:/Users/xb0g/Desktop/test.html
Saving file c:/Users/xb0g/Desktop/test.html...
Wrote c:/Users/xb0g/Desktop/test.html
Saving file c:/Users/xb0g/Desktop/test.html...
Wrote c:/Users/xb0g/Desktop/test.html
<apps> is undefined
Type "q" to restore previous buffer.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail ielm comint ansi-color ring
sgml-mode eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe find-func thingatpt
debug tutorial apropos timezone parse-time bookmark pp dichromacy-theme
deeper-blue-theme wombat-theme whiteboard-theme wheatgrass-theme
tsdh-light-theme tsdh-dark-theme tango-theme tango-dark-theme
misterioso-theme manoj-dark-theme light-blue-theme leuven-theme
cus-theme cus-edit cus-start cus-load face-remap info thai-util
thai-word lao-util view shr-color color network-stream nsm starttls
url-http tls gnutls url-gw url-cache url-auth eww mm-url gnus gnus-ems
nnheader wid-edit url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs url-vars mailcap shr seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv dom subr-x browse-url
rmailmm message idna dired format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache
epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 rmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns help-mode cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr
mail-utils cal-move cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs server
time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
w32notify w32 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 365910 48318)
 (symbols 56 40122 1)
 (miscs 48 456 689)
 (strings 32 67849 6768)
 (string-bytes 1 2419296)
 (vectors 16 22367)
 (vector-slots 8 589461 25484)
 (floats 8 487 420)
 (intervals 56 19377 103)
 (buffers 976 35))