Subject: Re: bug#26860: [PATCH] Remove hard dependency on guile-json

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 08:38:37 +0200

Alex Kost <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello.  Currently, Guix cannot be built without guile-json.  The
> attached patch fixes it.
>
>>>From 3a65a2f35b54604327ba69a55381fee0faac18e7 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Alex Kost <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 22:44:19 +0300
> Subject: [PATCH] build: Compile stackage only if 'guile-json' is available.
>
> This is a followup to commit 3089b5d3f5a31b191b68ce3aa9255b646940b642.
>
> * Makefile.am (MODULES): Move "guix/scripts/import/stackage.scm" within
> 'if HAVE_GUILE_JSON'.

Would it not work to autoload the module?
“guix/scripts/import/stackage.scm” itself does not require guile json.

Something like that is done in commit
fad5f5fb8dffb4a1cbe40ee9d31a346b901305d1 (in the unmerged wip-installer
branch).

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net