Subject: bug#26854: guile-2.2.2/libguile/.libs/guile crashes during build on PowerPC Macintoshes

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 17:11:03 +0200

Hello!

On Mac OS X versions 10.4.11 (Tiger) and 10.5.8 (Leopard) with PowerPC  
hardware this failure happens *every time*, i.e. it can be reproduced:

	./guile-snarf-docs -o regex-posix.doc regex-posix.c -- - 
DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DBUILDING_LIBGUILE=1 -I.. -I.. -I../lib -I../lib -I/ 
opt/local/lib/libffi-3.2.1/include -I/opt/local/var/macports/build/ 
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_lil 
.fr.rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_lang_guile/guile/work/ 
guile-2.2.2 -I/opt/local/include -pipe -Os -m32
	cat alist.doc array-handle.doc array-map.doc arrays.doc async.doc  
atomic.doc backtrace.doc boolean.doc bitvectors.doc bytevectors.doc  
chars.doc control.doc continuations.doc debug.doc deprecated.doc  
deprecation.doc dynl.doc dynwind.doc eq.doc error.doc eval.doc  
evalext.doc expand.doc extensions.doc fdes-finalizers.doc feature.doc  
filesys.doc fluids.doc foreign.doc fports.doc gc-malloc.doc gc.doc  
gettext.doc generalized-arrays.doc generalized-vectors.doc goops.doc  
gsubr.doc guardians.doc hash.doc hashtab.doc hooks.doc i18n.doc  
init.doc ioext.doc keywords.doc list.doc load.doc macros.doc  
mallocs.doc memoize.doc modules.doc numbers.doc objprop.doc  
options.doc pairs.doc ports.doc print.doc procprop.doc procs.doc  
promises.doc r6rs-ports.doc random.doc rdelim.doc read.doc rw.doc  
scmsigs.doc script.doc simpos.doc smob.doc sort.doc srcprop.doc  
srfi-1.doc srfi-4.doc srfi-13.doc srfi-14.doc srfi-60.doc stackchk.doc  
stacks.doc stime.doc strings.doc strorder.doc strports.doc struct.doc  
symbols.doc syntax.doc threads.doc throw.doc trees.doc unicode.doc  
uniform.doc values.doc variable.doc vectors.doc version.doc vports.doc  
weak-set.doc weak-table.doc weak-vector.doc dynl.doc posix.doc  
net_db.doc socket.doc regex-posix.doc | GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0 ../meta/ 
build-env guild snarf-check-and-output-texi          > guile- 
procedures.texi || { rm guile-procedures.texi; false; }
	cat: stdout: Broken pipe
	make[3]: *** [guile-procedures.texi] Error 1
	make[3]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/ 
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_lil 
.fr.rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_lang_guile/guile/work/ 
guile-2.2.2/libguile'

The pipe breaks because the bootstrapped guile crashes. This can be  
shown manually, and this also tells gdb by reading the resulting core  
file.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/54124 has a discussion on this bug  
plus much more information than this eMail. There another bug is  
described: configure only checks for Guile version 2.0 and 1.8.

Is there anything more I can do to retrieve more details of the  
failing guile?
--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

There are very few jobs that actually require a penis or vagina. All  
other jobs should be open to everybody.
				– Florynce Kennedy