Subject: Re: bug#26832: bug on grep 3.0

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 12:38:58 -0500

tag 26832 notabug
thanks

On 05/10/2017 03:02 AM, 川崎 正貴 wrote:

> 
> BTW, I realized follows.
> Incorrect outputs of grep are output only on command prompt of Windows.
> Correct results are output on console of cygwin.

Then this is an issue in how cygwin programs handle their arguments when
invoked from a native windows program, and/or a factor of the (weird)
quoting rules in use by the Windows native command shell (which are NOT
AT ALL like normal POSIX shell quoting rules), and nothing to do with
upstream grep. You'll probably have better results posting your question
on the cygwin mailing list.

As such, I'm taking the liberty to close this in the upstream database,
as there's nothing we can do here to change behavior.

-- 
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3266
Virtualization:  qemu.org | libvirt.org