Subject: Re: bug#26815: [PATCH 3/3] vm: Support EFI boot in base image.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 13:05:07 +0200

Hi Ludovic,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Mathieu just pushed the bootloader patch series in ‘master’.

Excellent news!

> However, for the release, I thought it’d be more reasonable to not rush
> that patch series, which is why the new ‘version-0.13.0’ branch does not
> have it.
>
> So now the question is, how can we merge your UEFI work?  How much work
> is it to have it on ‘version-0.13.0’ without merging all the of the
> bootloader patch series?

The problem was that "grub-efi" and "grub" conflicts in PATH without the
bootloader patches. Any ideas for how to use the proper grub-efi object?

> It would be awesome if we could quickly find a way to address this, so
> we can indeed release tomorrow or later this week.

Yay! I've sent an updated patch set, although yet untested due to lack
of substitutes! Will get on the OpenSSH bug ASAP.