Subject: bug#26815: [PATCH 3/3] vm: Support EFI boot in base image.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2017 16:13:29 +0200

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello!
>
> Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>>> I think v4 is being prepared, I'll rebase this series once that is out.
>
> Thanks Marius for bearing with me.  :-)
>
> Are there specific bits that are needed here?

The main reason it's blocking is that without it, there is a conflict
between "grub" and "grub-efi" in PATH of the qemu image. So
"grub-mkstandalone" may not find the EFI target.

With the bootloader refactoring, the "normal" bootloader is passed down
as a gexp from (gnu system vm), allowing "grub-efi" to reign over PATH.

I'd like to make "grub-mkstandalone" a proper bootloader type in the
long run, but that requires some other refactoring that I did not feel
like embarking on right now :P