Subject: bug#26803: [PATCH 34/36] gnu: Add java-commons-net.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 21:53:57 +0200

Roel Janssen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ricardo Wurmus writes:
>
>> * gnu/packages/java.scm (java-commons-net): New variable.
>> ---
[…]
>> +    (arguments
>> +     `(;; FIXME: MainTest.java tries to read "examples.properties" (which
>> +       ;; should be "resources/examples/examples.properties"), but gets "null"
>> +       ;; instead.
>
> This sounds fixable in a substitute construct.  But maybe I am wrong
> about it.  Would you like to try that first?

I tried it, but it’s more complicated than just a substitution.  It
could be a problem of the ant-build-system’s default “build.xml”, which
might not include do the right thing for resources.  I don’t know yet
what the right thing would be, and it’s just a guess.

Although I don’t like the ambiguity, I’d rather investigate this later
and keep the FIXME for now.  We’ll be able to detect problems with the
ant-build-system only once we have enough Java packages to actually
build big applications.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net