Subject: bug#26803: Java things

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2017 16:01:29 +0200

Several months ago Hartmut posted a couple of unfinished patches to
guix-devel.  I thought it wouldn’t be too hard to finish them.  I was
wrong.  I still haven’t gotten all of them to build because to do things
right I would need to package way too many things.

This is a subset of my work to clean up Hartmut’s original patches.  The
remaining packages require “reflections”, which depends on tomcat and
many more unpackaged Java things.  I’d just like to get rid of this
local branch, to be honest.

Note that I had to edit a couple of package sources to cut out
dependencies that would have taken too long to package.  These changes
can be reverted in the future if a better way can be found to handle
these cases without introducing dependency cycles.

I’ll post the patches once I’ve confirmed that all of them still build
with the latest version of Guix.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net