Subject: bug#26803: Java things

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2017 13:47:48 +0200

Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am 06.05.2017 um 16:01 schrieb Ricardo Wurmus:
>> Several months ago Hartmut posted a couple of unfinished patches to
>> guix-devel.  I thought it wouldn’t be too hard to finish them.  I was
>> wrong.  I still haven’t gotten all of them to build because to do things
>> right I would need to package way too many things.
>
> Thanks for your work.
>
> Anyway, I suggest to close this and *not* apply this patches. The reason
> is: As you may have noticed, I'm working on the maven build system and
> most of these packages are to be build using maven. (See
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-04/msg00459.html). I
> will take care of integrating your changes into that patch series then.

I think these patches are useful already as they are.  This does not
conflict with a future maven build system, and we can replace the
packages later if it turns out that the maven build system handles the
builds better.

-- 
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net