Subject: bug#26787: 25.2; xwidget-webkit-browse-url segfault

From: Ellington Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 15:46:33 -0300

[ellton@t61 ~]$ emacs -Q

M-x xwidget-webkit-browse-url RET http://www.google.com RET

Fatal error 11: Segmentation fault
Backtrace:
emacs[0x5075b8]
emacs[0x50765f]
/usr/lib/libpthread.so.0(+0x11fe0)[0x7f6a15a84fe0]
/usr/lib/libc.so.6(malloc_usable_size+0x54)[0x7f6a155481e4]
/usr/lib/libsqlite3.so.0(+0x8b669)[0x7f6a0d26f669]
/usr/lib/libsqlite3.so.0(sqlite3Malloc+0xa6)[0x7f6a0d26ec66]
/usr/lib/libsqlite3.so.0(sqlite3MallocZero+0xe)[0x7f6a0d26f24e]
/usr/lib/libsqlite3.so.0(+0x89579)[0x7f6a0d26d579]
/usr/lib/libwebkitgtk-3.0.so.0(+0x13a04e8)[0x7f6a191744e8]
/usr/lib/libwebkitgtk-3.0.so.0(+0x139ea59)[0x7f6a19172a59]
/usr/lib/libwebkitgtk-3.0.so.0(+0xb34930)[0x7f6a18908930]
/usr/lib/libjavascriptcoregtk-3.0.so.0(+0x5d68da)[0x7f6a0f9c98da]
/usr/lib/libpthread.so.0(+0x72e7)[0x7f6a15a7a2e7]
/usr/lib/libc.so.6(clone+0x3f)[0x7f6a155b754f]
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

In GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.12)
 of 2017-05-05 built on t61
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11903000
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-modules
 --with-xwidgets 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe
 -fstack-protector-strong' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES XWIDGETS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  openwith-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set
current-kill: Kill ring is empty
Mark set [4 times]
Saving file /home/ellton/segf...
Wrote /home/ellton/segf
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message idna dired rfc822 mml mml-sec
epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils
openwith easy-mmode tramp tramp-compat auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache
tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring format-spec advice bitlbee time finder-inf package epg-config seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib server time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 281975 7348)
 (symbols 48 26767 0)
 (miscs 40 61 140)
 (strings 32 41241 7553)
 (string-bytes 1 1095695)
 (vectors 16 41514)
 (vector-slots 8 782587 4127)
 (floats 8 242 221)
 (intervals 56 231 0)
 (buffers 976 20))