Subject: Re: bug#2676: 23.0.91; annoying/unnecessary vc-next-action conflict in vc-dir buffer

From: Miles Bader <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 10:10:18 +0900

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]> wrote:
>  > Hmm, you're right, that might cause problems.
>
> In that case you can close this bug, right?

Can I close bugs...?

>  > Your advice about using "M" was useful, it would be cool if vc-dir
>  > could give such advice... :-)
>
> [METALIC VOICE]: This is vc-dir speaking follow everything I say!

Seriously...  if you've ever used git much, in some situations it
gives user-oriented advice like "if you want to do foo, you might want
to use comand x y z ...", and it's often a _really_ useful hint, even
if you've used git for a while (and the location of such advice is
tastefully chosen so that it's not annoying for experienced users).

One can figure out what the current vc-next-action conflict error
messages mean with a bit of thought, but they seem sort of
user-hostile, almost designed to cause one's eyes to glaze over...

-Miles

-- 
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.