Subject: Re: bug#26752: Ansible & others' problems with wrapped '.ansible-real' scripts

From: Jelle Licht <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 22:45:27 +0100

Hi

Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Arun Isaac <[email-masked]> writes:
>> FWIW, I fixed our ansible package in
>> https://issues.guix.info/issue/33777 . This is not a general solution,
>> but at least our ansible package works at the moment.
>
> If this bug is about ansible malfunctioning then it should be closed,
> Arun fixed it in 01cb4d47570c38812492bbc331b7b818e1b69fbb. I've tested
> it myself successfully with the command from the IRC report[0] (linked
> in the merged issue[2]).
> On the other hand If it's about fixing it with the new wrap-script from
> Ricardo I can send a patch, but the derivation will need guile as a new
> input.

I would be okay with closing it, as ansible works fine right now. If the
current solution is deemed too brittle, or if the intent behind the new
wrap-script is that we use it everywhere we can, then not of course.

- Jelle