Subject: Re: bug#2675: 23.0.91; unnecessary vc-next-action conflicts in vc-dir directory

From: Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:58:50 -0700 (PDT)

Miles Bader <[email-masked]> writes:

  > Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]> writes:
  > > Personally, I  disagree with that.
  > > Anyway, vc-dir is the wrong tree to bark at, you want to have
  > > vc-next-action + vc-compatible-state changed and this issue will
  > > disappear.
  > 
  > FWIW, I just did `report-emacs-bug', I didn't intend to register this as
  > a vc-dir bug in particular (or anything else, though vc-next-action is
  > the command invoked).  Is there a protocol for filing bugs against
  > specific parts of emacs?

No idea.  Somehow vc-dir managed to get itself a bug category (not very
useful given that it's so small, a vc category would be more useful,
but...).
But the interesting thing is that I don't remember at the moment any bug
in that category that is/was a vc-dir bug, most were vc bugs, or various
vc-backend bugs.