Subject: Re: bug#26738: Build failures

From: Mathieu Lirzin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 01:30:51 +0200

Mathieu Lirzin <[email-masked]> writes:

> I was able to reproduce this bug on my machine (Fedora 25) with the
> minor development branch (v1.15.0a).  The FAILING tests are related to
> the presence of DejaGNU on the system.  Unfortunately I have never used
> it so it won't be easy for me to debug.  Hopefully somebody more
> knowledgable, will be able to investigate.
>
> If you are only using Automake without DejaGNU, you can safely ignore
> those failures.

Here are my logs when running the "t/check12.sh", "t/check12-w.sh", and
"t/distcheck-no-prefix-or-srcdir-override.sh" tests that were failing on
Paul's system:

I overlooked that one of those failure was not related to DejaGNU,
but due to the use of the GZIP environment variable which had been fixed
in commit 749468ac63042820bc3da85ece5bed64b0c15d62 [1] which will be
available in the next bug-fix release.

-- 
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37

[1] https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/automake.git/commit/?id=749468ac63042820bc3da85ece5bed64b0c15d62