Subject: bug#26727: Plain ls (from coreutils git master local build) sometimes emit leading spaces at output lines

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 12:17:52 +0300

On Mageia x86-64 6 and fedora 26 x86-64, I am getting this with an ls
inovcation with ls from coreutils git master commit
d91e912343ab04b37d011b5c8a7c0723edc35e3d :

shlomif@telaviv1:~$ /home/shlomif/apps/to-del-coreutils/bin/ls
 apps   Backup   conf      Docs       Mail    node_modules   tmp
 Arcs   bin      Desktop   Download   Music   progs         'VirtualBox VMs'
shlomif@telaviv1:~$ ls # mageia v6's
apps  Backup  conf     Docs      Mail   node_modules  tmp
Arcs  bin     Desktop  Download  Music  progs         'VirtualBox VMs'
shlomif@telaviv1:~$

As you can see, in the git master output there are leading spaces in the output
lines. Can and should this be fixed?

Regards,

	Shlomi

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/