Subject: Re: bug#26710: Fwd: 25.2; project-find-regexp makes emacs use 100% cpu

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 20:41:57 +0300

> Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 20:26:19 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> > It seems a bit brittle, though: if the process filter is supposed to be 
> > calling the callback for each item, the callback has to be in place 
> > right away. And the process will be started before that happens.
> 
> You can countermand that by using make-process with the :stop
> attribute, then use 'continue-process' when everything is set up.

Darn, this won't work on systems without SIGCONT support, like
MS-Windows.

But I don't think this is a real problem anyway: Emacs will not try
sensing for subprocess output until it becomes idle, so as long as the
code which sets up the process's filter and sentinel functions and
their respective callbacks runs, Emacs will not try to call the
filter/sentinel functions.