Subject: Re: bug#26703: [PATCH 2/2] gnu: Add font-cns11643-swjz

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 00:59:15 +0200

Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]> writes:

> Marius Bakke 於 2017-05-01 01:33 寫道:
>> Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> * gnu/packages/fonts.scm (font-cns11643-swjz): New variable.
>> Thanks!
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> +    (license (license:non-copyleft
>>> +              "http://www.cns11643.gov.tw/AIDB/copyright.do"))))
>> I ran this text through a translation service and it does not mention
>> anything about attribution, redistribution etc. Is there such a text
>> available somewhere?
>
> I could not find much info on this font on Google or Baidu,
> surprisingly. I emailed the Digital Minister of Taiwan and she linked me
> to that URL saying it was a permissive license.

Cool, good to know! Thanks for checking :-)

> My Chinese is poor, but, I believe the first sentence states that one
> can *c**opy, modify, make use of* the fonts distributed on the site,
> excluding patent and trademark matters. The rest of the document just
> lays out disclaimers. I don't know if it says anything else about
> attribution, apart from the bit excluding trademark.
>
> "本網站以無償及非專屬授權方式授權使用者得不限時間及地域，*重製、編輯、公開傳輸或為其他利用方式*，開發各種產品或服務（以下簡稱加值產品），但授權範圍不包含商標權及專利權"

Okay, thanks for verifying. I've added a comment mentioning this post
for for other Chinese-challenged Guix users.

I'm closing this bug report, but feel free to follow up here on the
other questions. Pushed as 51cbb34809ab2f3b6821018ab1!