Subject: Re: bug#26702: [PATCH 1/2] gnu: Add font-cns11643

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2017 16:51:19 +0200

Alex Kost <[email-masked]> writes:

> Marius Bakke (2017-05-02 00:34 +0200) wrote:
>
>> Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]> writes:
> [...]
>>> I have confirmed that the new hash represents an update to the font. I
>>> have thought about hosting this file, but I'm not sure where I can host
>>> ~300MiB. Also, It means I have to bother updating that file frequently.
>>> On the other hand if we use upstream, a failing hash typically means
>>> there is an update. There is unlikely any other Guix user interested in
>>> these fonts at the present. So I'm not sure what to do.
>>
>> Thanks for checking! Where did you take the version number and datestamp
>> from? Are you willing to help maintain this package?
>>
>> The current situation is suboptimal, but I think it's fine if we can
>> ping you about any problems. What do you think?
>>
>> I've committed this for now, let's see how long it holds. I may be able
>> to provide a fallback mirror in a not-too-distant future, but immediate
>> suggestions welcome.
>
> Hi Marius, I've just found that you pushed this patch but didn't close
> this "bug thread" (or whatever it should be called).  Was it intentional?

Oops, didn't realize the two patches were in separate bugs. Closing this
one too.

Still waiting for feedback about extracting version information, though.