Subject: Re: bug#26702: [PATCH 1/2] gnu: Add font-cns11643

From: Alex Kost <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 23:15:53 +0300

Marius Bakke (2017-05-02 00:34 +0200) wrote:

> Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]> writes:
[...]
>> I have confirmed that the new hash represents an update to the font. I
>> have thought about hosting this file, but I'm not sure where I can host
>> ~300MiB. Also, It means I have to bother updating that file frequently.
>> On the other hand if we use upstream, a failing hash typically means
>> there is an update. There is unlikely any other Guix user interested in
>> these fonts at the present. So I'm not sure what to do.
>
> Thanks for checking! Where did you take the version number and datestamp
> from? Are you willing to help maintain this package?
>
> The current situation is suboptimal, but I think it's fine if we can
> ping you about any problems. What do you think?
>
> I've committed this for now, let's see how long it holds. I may be able
> to provide a fallback mirror in a not-too-distant future, but immediate
> suggestions welcome.

Hi Marius, I've just found that you pushed this patch but didn't close
this "bug thread" (or whatever it should be called).  Was it intentional?

-- 
Alex