Subject: bug#26671: serf package (guix dependency) tests fail

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 11:04:43 -0400

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 03:54:13PM +0200, Marius Bakke wrote:
> Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:
> >
> > While attempting to "guix environment guix" after doing a "git pull"
> > in my guix checkout (master), it attempted to build many packages
> > (bash, gcc, etc.) and failed building `serf' due to test failures:
> >
> > ............F.FFF.FFF.FF.FFFFF...................................

[...]

> > !!!FAILURES!!!
> > Runs: 65 Passes: 51 Fails: 14
> 
> The SSL certificates in "test/server" expired 18/04.

Terrible! This invalidates the entire dependency tree based on serf. In
effect, it enforces an expiration date on these packages.

> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1792234

Rather than using this workaround, which will stop working 2018-09-19,
we should disable this test. We should also file an upstream bug asking
them to fudge the date in their tests, so that we can run this test
suite forever. GnuTLS uses this technique with the 'datefudge' tool.