Subject: bug#2667: Still seeing inconsistent fonts

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 15:58:31 -0400

> I can't reproduce this.  Could you provide a self-contained testcase?

Sure:

   > xrdb -remove
   > rm ~/.Xdefaults
   > src/emacs -Q --eval '(set-face-font (quote default) \
       "-misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-*-*-*-*-*-*-*")'
   C-u C-\ TeX RET
   a
   \ ' e
   \ ' r
   \ f o r a l l

"aéŕ" use misc-fixed-semicondensed (the first two with iso8859-1 and
the last with iso8859-2), but "∀" is displayed with
xft:-unknown-DejaVu Sans-normal-normal-semi-condensed-*-13-*-*-*-*-0-iso10646-1

Note that Emacs-22.3 used
-Misc-Fixed-Medium-R-SemiCondensed--13-120-75-75-C-60-ISO10646-1 for
both "ŕ" and "∀".

        Stefan