Subject: bug#2667: Still seeing inconsistent fonts

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 00:17:23 -0400

I also noticed recently that my fonts are inconsistent: when writing
math symbols (mostly greek letters), I notice that they do not use my
misc-fixed font but "DejaVu Sans" instead.

E.g.:

  > xrdb -remove; rm ~/.Xdefaults
  > emacs -Q ~/re/papers/comp-deptypes/main.tex
  M-: (setq font-log nil) RET
  M-: (set-face-font 'default "-misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-*-*-*-*-*-*-*")

And now all my latin text uses my beloved misc-fixed:

    x:-misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-120-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1 (#x3A)

but all the math symbols use "DejaVu Sans":

    xft:-unknown-DejaVu Sans-normal-normal-semi-condensed-*-13-*-*-*-*-0-iso10646-1 (#xC3E)

The output of font-show-log is appended.  The same steps with Emacs-22
correctly use the misc-fixed font, of course.

        Stefan

font for: (8322)
ftfont-list: -misc-fixed-*--*-iso8859-1
xfont-list: -misc-fixed-*-*-*--*-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-*-100-100-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--12-*-100-100-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--12-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--9-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--9-*-100-100-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--8-*-75-75-c-50-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--8-*-100-100-c-50-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--7-*-75-75-c-50-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--7-*-100-100-c-50-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--6-*-75-75-c-40-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--20-*-75-75-c-100-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--20-*-100-100-c-100-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--18-*-100-100-c-90-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--15-*-75-75-c-90-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--15-*-100-100-c-90-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--14-*-75-75-c-70-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--14-*-100-100-c-70-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--13-*-75-75-c-80-iso8859-1
  ...
list: -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--*-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-*-100-100-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--12-*-100-100-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--12-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
sort-by: -*-unspecified-unspecified-unspecified-*-13-*
  x:-misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
open: -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  x:-misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-120-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
list: -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--*-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-*-100-100-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--12-*-100-100-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--12-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
sort-by: -*-normal-normal-normal-*-13-*
  x:-misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
ftfont-list: -misc-fixed-*--*-c-*-iso8859-1
xfont-list: -misc-fixed-*-*-*--*-*-*-*-c-*-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-*-100-100-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--12-*-100-100-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--12-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--9-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--9-*-100-100-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--8-*-75-75-c-50-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--8-*-100-100-c-50-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--7-*-75-75-c-50-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--7-*-100-100-c-50-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--6-*-75-75-c-40-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--20-*-75-75-c-100-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--20-*-100-100-c-100-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--18-*-100-100-c-90-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--15-*-75-75-c-90-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--15-*-100-100-c-90-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--14-*-75-75-c-70-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--14-*-100-100-c-70-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--13-*-75-75-c-80-iso8859-1
  ...
list: -misc-fixed-*-r-semicondensed--*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--12-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-bold-r-semicondensed--13-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
sort-by: -*-light-r-semicondensed-*-13-*
  x:-misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
open: -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  x:-misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-120-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
list: -misc-fixed-*-r-semicondensed--*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--12-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-bold-r-semicondensed--13-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
sort-by: -*-light-r-semicondensed-*-13-*
  x:-misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
font for: (8321)
ftfont-list: -misc-fixed-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-fixed-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
ftfont-list: -misc-fixed-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-fixed-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
ftfont-list: -*-fixed-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*-fixed-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
ftfont-list: -*-fixed-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*-fixed-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
ftfont-list: -misc-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
ftfont-list: -misc-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
ftfont-list: -*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
  -microsoft-Georgia-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Arial-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-Nimbus Mono L-normal-normal-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Serif-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Sans-bold-normal-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Verdana-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Liberation Sans-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -bitstream-Courier 10 Pitch-normal-italic-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Andale Mono-normal-normal-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-URW Bookman L-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Verdana-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Serif-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-Nimbus Sans L-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Trebuchet MS-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Arial Black-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Sans-bold-oblique-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  ...
list: -*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
  -microsoft-Georgia-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Arial-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-Nimbus Mono L-normal-normal-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Serif-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Sans-bold-normal-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Verdana-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Liberation Sans-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -bitstream-Courier 10 Pitch-normal-italic-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Andale Mono-normal-normal-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-URW Bookman L-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Verdana-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Serif-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-Nimbus Sans L-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Trebuchet MS-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Arial Black-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Sans-bold-oblique-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  ...
sort-by: -*-medium-r-semicondensed-*-13-*
  xft:-unknown-DejaVu Sans-normal-normal-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
open: -unknown-DejaVu Sans-normal-normal-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1:script=symbol
  xft:-unknown-DejaVu Sans-normal-normal-semi-condensed-*-13-*-0-iso10646-1
font for: (8704)
list: -misc-fixed-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-fixed-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*-fixed-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*-fixed-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
  -microsoft-Georgia-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Arial-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-Nimbus Mono L-normal-normal-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Serif-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Sans-bold-normal-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Verdana-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Liberation Sans-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -bitstream-Courier 10 Pitch-normal-italic-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Andale Mono-normal-normal-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-URW Bookman L-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Verdana-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Serif-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-Nimbus Sans L-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Trebuchet MS-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Arial Black-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Sans-bold-oblique-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  ...
sort-by: -*-medium-r-semicondensed-*-13-*
  xft:-unknown-DejaVu Sans-normal-normal-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
font for: (928)
list: -misc-fixed-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-fixed-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*-fixed-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*-fixed-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
  -microsoft-Georgia-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Arial-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-Nimbus Mono L-normal-normal-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Serif-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Sans-bold-normal-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Verdana-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Liberation Sans-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -bitstream-Courier 10 Pitch-normal-italic-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Andale Mono-normal-normal-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-URW Bookman L-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Verdana-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Serif-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-Nimbus Sans L-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Trebuchet MS-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Arial Black-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Sans-bold-oblique-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  ...
sort-by: -*-medium-r-semicondensed-*-13-*
  xft:-unknown-DejaVu Sans-normal-normal-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
font for: (964)
list: -misc-fixed-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-fixed-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*-fixed-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*-fixed-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
  -microsoft-Georgia-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Arial-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-Nimbus Mono L-normal-normal-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Serif-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Sans-bold-normal-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Verdana-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Liberation Sans-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -bitstream-Courier 10 Pitch-normal-italic-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Andale Mono-normal-normal-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-URW Bookman L-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Verdana-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Serif-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-Nimbus Sans L-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Trebuchet MS-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Arial Black-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Sans-bold-oblique-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  ...
sort-by: -*-medium-r-semicondensed-*-13-*
  xft:-unknown-DejaVu Sans-normal-normal-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
font for: (8614)
list: -misc-fixed-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-fixed-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*-fixed-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*-fixed-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
  -microsoft-Georgia-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Arial-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-Nimbus Mono L-normal-normal-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Serif-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Sans-bold-normal-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Verdana-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Liberation Sans-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -bitstream-Courier 10 Pitch-normal-italic-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Andale Mono-normal-normal-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-URW Bookman L-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Verdana-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Serif-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-Nimbus Sans L-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Trebuchet MS-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Arial Black-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Sans-bold-oblique-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  ...
sort-by: -*-medium-r-semicondensed-*-13-*
  xft:-unknown-DejaVu Sans-normal-normal-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
font for: (8594)
list: -misc-fixed-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-fixed-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*-fixed-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*-fixed-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
  -microsoft-Georgia-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Arial-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-Nimbus Mono L-normal-normal-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Serif-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Sans-bold-normal-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Verdana-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Liberation Sans-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -bitstream-Courier 10 Pitch-normal-italic-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Andale Mono-normal-normal-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-URW Bookman L-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Verdana-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Serif-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-Nimbus Sans L-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Trebuchet MS-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Arial Black-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Sans-bold-oblique-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  ...
sort-by: -*-medium-r-semicondensed-*-13-*
  xft:-unknown-DejaVu Sans-normal-normal-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
font for: (937)
list: -misc-fixed-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-fixed-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*-fixed-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*-fixed-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
  -microsoft-Georgia-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Arial-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-Nimbus Mono L-normal-normal-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Serif-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Sans-bold-normal-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Verdana-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Liberation Sans-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -bitstream-Courier 10 Pitch-normal-italic-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Andale Mono-normal-normal-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-URW Bookman L-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Verdana-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Serif-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-Nimbus Sans L-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Trebuchet MS-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Arial Black-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Sans-bold-oblique-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  ...
sort-by: -*-medium-r-semicondensed-*-13-*
  xft:-unknown-DejaVu Sans-normal-normal-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
font for: (8658)
list: -misc-fixed-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-fixed-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*-fixed-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*-fixed-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -misc-*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
list: -*--*-iso10646-1:script=symbol
  -microsoft-Georgia-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Arial-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-Nimbus Mono L-normal-normal-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Serif-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Sans-bold-normal-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Verdana-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-Liberation Sans-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -bitstream-Courier 10 Pitch-normal-italic-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Andale Mono-normal-normal-normal-*-m-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-URW Bookman L-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Verdana-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Serif-normal-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -urw-Nimbus Sans L-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -microsoft-Trebuchet MS-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Arial Black-normal-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-bold-normal-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  -unknown-DejaVu Sans-bold-oblique-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
  -monotype-Times New Roman-bold-italic-normal-*-0-iso10646-1
  ...
sort-by: -*-medium-r-semicondensed-*-13-*
  xft:-unknown-DejaVu Sans-normal-normal-semi-condensed-*-0-iso10646-1
font for: (937)
list: -misc-fixed-*-r-semicondensed--*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--12-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-bold-r-semicondensed--13-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
sort-by: -*-bold-r-semicondensed-*-13-*
  x:-misc-fixed-bold-r-semicondensed--13-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
open: -misc-fixed-bold-r-semicondensed--13-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  x:-misc-fixed-bold-r-semicondensed--13-120-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
font for: (937)
list: -misc-fixed-medium-*-semicondensed--*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--13-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed--12-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  -misc-fixed-medium-o-semicondensed--13-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
sort-by: -*-medium-italic-semicondensed-*-13-*
  x:-misc-fixed-medium-o-semicondensed--13-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
open: -misc-fixed-medium-o-semicondensed--13-*-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1
  x:-misc-fixed-medium-o-semicondensed--13-120-75-75-c-60-iso8859-1