Subject: bug#26668: 11.90.2; separator in the toolbar remains vertical when I display toolbar on the left or right

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 07:34:15 +0200

Sureyya Sahin <[email-masked]> writes:

> Yes, I installed auctex locally from the emacs repositories; the auctex
> package does not specify the repository (I have melpa, elpa and a python
> repository enabled), so I am assuming it is from elpa.

Yes, it is ELPA then.

> I use the splash screen as the default buffer; from the splash screen
> buffer, I can switch to auctex by issuing "M-x latex-mode" command
> without having to open a new file or buffer. Actually, that is how I
> took the screenshot.

Ok, understood.  That answers my question, thanks.

> Yes, I do have code for auctex in my ".emacs" file. I am not sure if
> this would be related to the toolbar not behaving properly in the
> vertical layout, but I can show my ".emacs" file if you feel you need to
> see it.

No, not necessary after the clarification above with `M-x latex-mode'.
Just make sure you don't have this line in your .emacs:

    (load "auctex.el" nil t t)

You can try this: Do `M-x customize-variable TeX-bar-LaTeX-buttons RET',
deselect `[separator nil]', save your changes, restart Emacs and try it
again.

Best, Arash