Subject: Re: bug#26668: 11.90.2; separator in the toolbar remains vertical when I display toolbar on the left or right

From: Sureyya Sahin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 10:04:49 -0400

On Thu, 2017-04-27 at 17:35 +0200, Arash Esbati wrote:
> Sureyya Sahin <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > With latex-mode enabled (auctex), when I choose to display the toolbar
> > on the left side (or right side) vertically in emacs, the separator line
> > which separates the latex and preview buttons does not transform to
> > horizontal configuration. So, it remains vertical and occupy too much of
> > space; please also see the attached screenshot of the toolbar.
> 
> Hi Sureyya,
> 
> I don't use Emacs with GTK+, but it seems strange that you have AUCTeX
> toolbar active in your splash screen.  I presume you have installed
> AUCTeX via ELPA.  Do you have any AUCTeX activation code in your init
> file?
> 
> Best, Arash

Hi Arash,

I am using a compiled version of emacs 25 branch with GTK+ on gnome
3.14. Emacs package on Centos 7 is dated so I decided to compile emacs
myself.

Yes, I installed auctex locally from the emacs repositories; the auctex
package does not specify the repository (I have melpa, elpa and a python
repository enabled), so I am assuming it is from elpa.

I use the splash screen as the default buffer; from the splash screen
buffer, I can switch to auctex by issuing "M-x latex-mode" command
without having to open a new file or buffer. Actually, that is how I
took the screenshot.

Yes, I do have code for auctex in my ".emacs" file. I am not sure if
this would be related to the toolbar not behaving properly in the
vertical layout, but I can show my ".emacs" file if you feel you need to
see it.

As of now, I am using emacs as my latex editor, personal organizer (via
org-mode); and of course writing code (specifically python) from time to
time.

Sureyya