Subject: 26.0.50; MSYS parallel build failure

From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 19:45:26 +0100

Building Emacs with "make -j" on Windows from a pristine working tree is broken.
The error is:

.../leim/ja-dic/ja-dic.el locked by buster@MACHINE (pid 188): (s, q, p, ?)?
Loading macroexp.elc...
Cannot resolve lock conflict in batch mode
make[2]: *** [Makefile:142: ../lisp/leim/ja-dic/ja-dic.el] Error 127

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2017-04-15 built on MACHINE
Repository revision: 3d08d992294666b1d10f990ade78ab30ff73c86e
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.14393
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-pop --without-gnutls
 --enable-locallisppath=/c/emacs-lisp'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS NOTIFY ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message puny seq byte-opt subr-x gv
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote w32notify dbusbind w32 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 97879 4608)
 (symbols 56 20113 1)
 (miscs 48 36 108)
 (strings 32 19287 5110)
 (string-bytes 1 590150)
 (vectors 16 14004)
 (vector-slots 8 471874 4359)
 (floats 8 50 66)
 (intervals 56 230 0)
 (buffers 976 11))