Subject: bug#26638: 25.2; Fatal error 6: Abortmake[1]: *** [Makefile:737: bootstrap-emacs] Abort (core dumped)

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 17:57:16 -0700

Thanks for reporting the bug. I reproduced the problem with the 
following configuration:

* sparc-sun-solaris2.10, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars, configured using 
"./configure CC=cc --with-jpeg=no --with-png=no --with-gif=no 
--with-tiff=no". 'cc -V' reports 'cc: Studio 12.5 Sun C 5.14 SunOS_sparc 
2016/05/31' and src/Makefile says CFLAGS is '-g3 -O'. '/bin/uname -a' 
reports 'SunOS kiwi.cs.ucla.edu 5.10 Generic_150400-34 sun4u sparc 
SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R'.

However, I could not reproduce the problem again, despite trying several 
times; Emacs built and ran fine in these other times. Perhaps it's some 
address-randomization thing, though it's odd that it's so hard to reproduce.

If you run 'make' again, on the directory where 'make' failed, does 
'make' work the second time?

Can you reproduce the problem easily?

Can you reproduce it with CFLAGS='-g' instead of '-g -O'?

Can you give us a debugging backtrace with dbx and/or GDB, preferably 
without -O?

Also, would you please let us know the following information?

* The output of 'cc -V', 'uname -a', 'ulimit -a'.

* The values of CC and CFLAGS in src/Makefile.

Thanks.