Subject: 24.5; doc of `last-command-event' and `last-nonmenu-event'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 10:35:19 -0700 (PDT)

The doc is not very clear - both (elisp) `Command Loop Info' and the doc
strings.

The essential difference in the descriptions seems to be the last input
event read "as part of a key sequence" versus read "as part of a
command".  But "read as part of a command" is unclear.  Does it mean
read by a command (e.g., by a call to `read-char' within the command
definition)?  No.  But that's all I can think of, when reading that
description.

The doc of `last-nonmenu-event' is pretty clear.  Or at least it is
before reading also the doc of `last-command-event' and trying to make
sense of that.  Even the name of the latter is unclear - what's a
"command event"?

The example given for `last-command-event' suggests that what is meant
is the last event in the key sequence that invoked/initiated a command.
I think that's closer to what the meaning/behavior is.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2015-04-11 on LEG570
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/usr --host=i686-pc-mingw32'