Subject: Re: bug#26615: Recent Emacs crashes when PC is suspended and using tabbar-ruler package

From: Angelo Graziosi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 10:43:30 +0200

Il 23/04/2017 04:36, Eli Zaretskii ha scritto:
>> From: Angelo Graziosi <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 00:38:22 +0200
>>
>> My Emacs builds [1] from master, I did in April, crash when PC is
>> suspended and then waked up.
> 
> Can you tell what does "suspended" mean, exactly?  How is your laptop
> configured for this -- is this hibernation or sleep?  Does it matter,
> or does the problem happen in both cases?

Even if I discovered the crash with the little notebook (2 in 1, 
transformer book), all my report is based on the results I got with PC, 
the desktop.

On Win10, when you click on Start and then on the Stop button, you have 
3 elements:

Sospendi (Suspend ?)
Arresta il sistema (Stop the system)
Riavvia il sistema (Reboot the system)

Now I am not sure as "Sospendi" is in English. It is some more of 
"Sleep" because when I click "Sospendi" the led flagging that the PC is 
"switched on" bilinks and to resume the PC I have to type on keyboard 
(moving the mouse does nothing). The the scanner is reactivated and I 
have to relogin. I would say it is an hibernation.

When the PC is sleeping, moving the mouse is enough to wake up it and I 
don't need to relogin, and it seems that Emacs does not crash...

Thanks,
  Angelo.