Subject: Re: bug#26612: 25.2; find-file.el -vs- project.el

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 05:05:27 +0300

Hi Tom,

On 22.04.2017 23:19, Tom Tromey wrote:
> 
> I use find-file.el to switch between headers and implementations for C
> and C++ code.
> 
> It seems like it would be a good idea for this to integrate with
> project.el, so that if a project is set up, by default
> ff-find-other-file will look in the project's directories for the
> relevant file.

It sounds useful, at least for C/C++ programmers.

What would that command be called, though? And what generic function(s) 
on projects will we need to add?

Ideally, this would help different kinds of projects, but if the 
C/C++-specific command is easier to do by itself, that's okay too.

For instance, we already have project-roots, and all directories that 
don't match project-ignores are considered to be inside the project.

So maybe do a search inside project-file-completion-table, for a file 
name matching the current (but with swapped extension)?