Subject: Compiling emacs 25.2 / invalid free()

From: Дилян Палаузов<[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 16:20:41 +0200

Hello,

Compiling emacs-25.2 without CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS LDFLAGS, with gcc 6.3.1 
20170421, ld.bfd 2.28.51.20170420, works.

Compiling emacs-25.2 with CFLAGS="-Wall -Wextra -pipe -g -O3 
-fno-fat-lto-objects -flto" CXXFLAGS="-pipe -g -O3 -fno-fat-lto-objects 
-flto" LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -flto=8" fails, as noted below.

Is there an invalid free() or the build system is broken?

cd admin/unidata
../../src/bootstrap-emacs -batch --no-site-file --no-site-lisp -f 
batch-byte-compile uvs.elFatal error 11: Segmentation fault
Backtrace:
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x479222]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x424359]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x47360c]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0xf890)[0x7f4427745890]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x7b51f)[0x7f4426ee951f]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(realloc+0xd9)[0x7f4426eea769]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x42b8f2]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x55716c]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x55d511]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x4db185]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x5a3448]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x4daad8]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x4db05b]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x5a3448]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x4daad8]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x4db05b]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x5a3448]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x4daad8]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x4db05b]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x4db20f]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x4624e1]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x4db157]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x5a3448]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x4daad8]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x4db05b]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x445c7f]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x4db157]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x5a3448]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x4dc195]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x4da3c2]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x5b86b8]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x41a9c5]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x4d6a2b]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x42108d]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x421263]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x408e5d]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf5)[0x7f4426e8fb45]
../../src/bootstrap-emacs[0x40afbb]
Segmentation fault

valgrind --num-callers=30 --leak-check=full --track-origins=yes 
--read-var-info=yes --show-leak-kinds=all --trace-children=yes 
--track-fds=yes  ../../src/bootstrap-emacs -batch --no-site-file 
--no-site-lisp -f batch-byte-compile uvs.el
==17527== Memcheck, a memory error detector
==17527== Copyright (C) 2002-2015, and GNU GPL'd, by Julian Seward et al.
==17527== Using Valgrind-3.13.0.SVN and LibVEX; rerun with -h for 
copyright info
==17527== Command: ../../src/bootstrap-emacs -batch --no-site-file 
--no-site-lisp -f batch-byte-compile uvs.el
==17527==
==17527== Invalid free() / delete / delete[] / realloc()
==17527==    at 0x4C2ABD7: realloc (vg_replace_malloc.c:785)
==17527==    by 0x42B8F1: lrealloc (alloc.c:1432)
==17527==    by 0x42B8F1: xrealloc (alloc.c:861)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: regex_compile (regex.c:3640)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: re_compile_pattern (regex.c:6346)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: compile_pattern_1 (search.c:142)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: compile_pattern (search.c:237)
==17527==    by 0x439C15: fast_c_string_match_ignore_case (search.c:505)
==17527==    by 0x439C15: safe_to_load_version (lread.c:923)
==17527==    by 0x44593D: Fload (lread.c:1212)
==17527==    by 0x4DB156: Ffuncall (eval.c:2715)
==17527==    by 0x5A3447: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:880)
==17527==    by 0x4DC194: apply_lambda (eval.c:2800)
==17527==    by 0x4DA3C1: eval_sub (eval.c:2247)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: Feval (eval.c:1994)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: top_level_2 (keyboard.c:1121)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: internal_condition_case.constprop.255 
(eval.c:1315)
==17527==    by 0x41A9C4: top_level_1 (keyboard.c:1129)
==17527==    by 0x4D6A2A: internal_catch (eval.c:1080)
==17527==    by 0x42108C: command_loop.lto_priv.712 (keyboard.c:1090)
==17527==    by 0x421262: recursive_edit_1 (keyboard.c:697)
==17527==    by 0x421262: Frecursive_edit (keyboard.c:768)
==17527==    by 0x408E5C: main (emacs.c:1629)
==17527==  Address 0xfce940 is in a rw- mapped file 
/src/emacs-25.2/src/bootstrap-emacs segment
==17527==
==17527== Invalid free() / delete / delete[] / realloc()
==17527==    at 0x4C29CDA: free (vg_replace_malloc.c:530)
==17527==    by 0x42742A: memory_full (alloc.c:4074)
==17527==    by 0x42B951: xrealloc (alloc.c:865)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: regex_compile (regex.c:3640)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: re_compile_pattern (regex.c:6346)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: compile_pattern_1 (search.c:142)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: compile_pattern (search.c:237)
==17527==    by 0x439C15: fast_c_string_match_ignore_case (search.c:505)
==17527==    by 0x439C15: safe_to_load_version (lread.c:923)
==17527==    by 0x44593D: Fload (lread.c:1212)
==17527==    by 0x4DB156: Ffuncall (eval.c:2715)
==17527==    by 0x5A3447: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:880)
==17527==    by 0x4DC194: apply_lambda (eval.c:2800)
==17527==    by 0x4DA3C1: eval_sub (eval.c:2247)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: Feval (eval.c:1994)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: top_level_2 (keyboard.c:1121)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: internal_condition_case.constprop.255 
(eval.c:1315)
==17527==    by 0x41A9C4: top_level_1 (keyboard.c:1129)
==17527==    by 0x4D6A2A: internal_catch (eval.c:1080)
==17527==    by 0x42108C: command_loop.lto_priv.712 (keyboard.c:1090)
==17527==    by 0x421262: recursive_edit_1 (keyboard.c:697)
==17527==    by 0x421262: Frecursive_edit (keyboard.c:768)
==17527==    by 0x408E5C: main (emacs.c:1629)
==17527==  Address 0xb938b0 is in a rw- mapped file 
/src/emacs-25.2/src/bootstrap-emacs segment
==17527==
==17527== Invalid free() / delete / delete[] / realloc()
==17527==    at 0x4C29CDA: free (vg_replace_malloc.c:530)
==17527==    by 0x4273C2: lisp_align_free (alloc.c:1331)
==17527==    by 0x4273C2: memory_full (alloc.c:4076)
==17527==    by 0x42B951: xrealloc (alloc.c:865)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: regex_compile (regex.c:3640)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: re_compile_pattern (regex.c:6346)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: compile_pattern_1 (search.c:142)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: compile_pattern (search.c:237)
==17527==    by 0x439C15: fast_c_string_match_ignore_case (search.c:505)
==17527==    by 0x439C15: safe_to_load_version (lread.c:923)
==17527==    by 0x44593D: Fload (lread.c:1212)
==17527==    by 0x4DB156: Ffuncall (eval.c:2715)
==17527==    by 0x5A3447: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:880)
==17527==    by 0x4DC194: apply_lambda (eval.c:2800)
==17527==    by 0x4DA3C1: eval_sub (eval.c:2247)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: Feval (eval.c:1994)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: top_level_2 (keyboard.c:1121)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: internal_condition_case.constprop.255 
(eval.c:1315)
==17527==    by 0x41A9C4: top_level_1 (keyboard.c:1129)
==17527==    by 0x4D6A2A: internal_catch (eval.c:1080)
==17527==    by 0x42108C: command_loop.lto_priv.712 (keyboard.c:1090)
==17527==    by 0x421262: recursive_edit_1 (keyboard.c:697)
==17527==    by 0x421262: Frecursive_edit (keyboard.c:768)
==17527==    by 0x408E5C: main (emacs.c:1629)
==17527==  Address 0xb978c0 is in a rw- mapped file 
/src/emacs-25.2/src/bootstrap-emacs segment
==17527==
==17527== Invalid free() / delete / delete[] / realloc()
==17527==    at 0x4C29CDA: free (vg_replace_malloc.c:530)
==17527==    by 0x42731A: lisp_free (alloc.c:1101)
==17527==    by 0x42731A: memory_full (alloc.c:4078)
==17527==    by 0x42B951: xrealloc (alloc.c:865)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: regex_compile (regex.c:3640)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: re_compile_pattern (regex.c:6346)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: compile_pattern_1 (search.c:142)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: compile_pattern (search.c:237)
==17527==    by 0x439C15: fast_c_string_match_ignore_case (search.c:505)
==17527==    by 0x439C15: safe_to_load_version (lread.c:923)
==17527==    by 0x44593D: Fload (lread.c:1212)
==17527==    by 0x4DB156: Ffuncall (eval.c:2715)
==17527==    by 0x5A3447: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:880)
==17527==    by 0x4DC194: apply_lambda (eval.c:2800)
==17527==    by 0x4DA3C1: eval_sub (eval.c:2247)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: Feval (eval.c:1994)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: top_level_2 (keyboard.c:1121)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: internal_condition_case.constprop.255 
(eval.c:1315)
==17527==    by 0x41A9C4: top_level_1 (keyboard.c:1129)
==17527==    by 0x4D6A2A: internal_catch (eval.c:1080)
==17527==    by 0x42108C: command_loop.lto_priv.712 (keyboard.c:1090)
==17527==    by 0x421262: recursive_edit_1 (keyboard.c:697)
==17527==    by 0x421262: Frecursive_edit (keyboard.c:768)
==17527==    by 0x408E5C: main (emacs.c:1629)
==17527==  Address 0xb9bc10 is in a rw- mapped file 
/src/emacs-25.2/src/bootstrap-emacs segment
==17527==
==17527== Invalid free() / delete / delete[] / realloc()
==17527==    at 0x4C29CDA: free (vg_replace_malloc.c:530)
==17527==    by 0x4272D4: lisp_free (alloc.c:1103)
==17527==    by 0x4272D4: memory_full (alloc.c:4078)
==17527==    by 0x42B951: xrealloc (alloc.c:865)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: regex_compile (regex.c:3640)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: re_compile_pattern (regex.c:6346)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: compile_pattern_1 (search.c:142)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: compile_pattern (search.c:237)
==17527==    by 0x439C15: fast_c_string_match_ignore_case (search.c:505)
==17527==    by 0x439C15: safe_to_load_version (lread.c:923)
==17527==    by 0x44593D: Fload (lread.c:1212)
==17527==    by 0x4DB156: Ffuncall (eval.c:2715)
==17527==    by 0x5A3447: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:880)
==17527==    by 0x4DC194: apply_lambda (eval.c:2800)
==17527==    by 0x4DA3C1: eval_sub (eval.c:2247)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: Feval (eval.c:1994)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: top_level_2 (keyboard.c:1121)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: internal_condition_case.constprop.255 
(eval.c:1315)
==17527==    by 0x41A9C4: top_level_1 (keyboard.c:1129)
==17527==    by 0x4D6A2A: internal_catch (eval.c:1080)
==17527==    by 0x42108C: command_loop.lto_priv.712 (keyboard.c:1090)
==17527==    by 0x421262: recursive_edit_1 (keyboard.c:697)
==17527==    by 0x421262: Frecursive_edit (keyboard.c:768)
==17527==    by 0x408E5C: main (emacs.c:1629)
==17527==  Address 0xb97a00 is in a rw- mapped file 
/src/emacs-25.2/src/bootstrap-emacs segment
==17527==
==17527== Invalid free() / delete / delete[] / realloc()
==17527==    at 0x4C2ABD7: realloc (vg_replace_malloc.c:785)
==17527==    by 0x42B8F1: lrealloc (alloc.c:1432)
==17527==    by 0x42B8F1: xrealloc (alloc.c:861)
==17527==    by 0x510929: enlarge_buffer_text (buffer.c:4976)
==17527==    by 0x510929: make_gap_smaller (insdel.c:469)
==17527==    by 0x510929: make_gap (insdel.c:494)
==17527==    by 0x42C0F5: make_gap_1 (insdel.c:507)
==17527==    by 0x42C0F5: compact_buffer (buffer.c:1609)
==17527==    by 0x42C0F5: garbage_collect_1.lto_priv.611 (alloc.c:5681)
==17527==    by 0x4DAF07: Fgarbage_collect (alloc.c:5983)
==17527==    by 0x4DAF07: maybe_gc (lisp.h:4660)
==17527==    by 0x4DAF07: Ffuncall (eval.c:2649)
==17527==    by 0x4DB239: call1 (eval.c:2558)
==17527==    by 0x5AD84D: store_symval_forwarding.lto_priv.676 (data.c:1078)
==17527==    by 0x598EC6: unbind_to.constprop.108 (eval.c:3234)
==17527==    by 0x4D5386: unwind_to_catch (eval.c:1129)
==17527==    by 0x4D6E93: Fsignal (eval.c:1559)
==17527==    by 0x4D7208: xsignal (eval.c:1583)
==17527==    by 0x427397: memory_full (alloc.c:4085)
==17527==    by 0x42B951: xrealloc (alloc.c:865)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: regex_compile (regex.c:3640)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: re_compile_pattern (regex.c:6346)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: compile_pattern_1 (search.c:142)
==17527==    by 0x556EFE: compile_pattern (search.c:237)
==17527==    by 0x439C15: fast_c_string_match_ignore_case (search.c:505)
==17527==    by 0x439C15: safe_to_load_version (lread.c:923)
==17527==    by 0x44593D: Fload (lread.c:1212)
==17527==    by 0x4DB156: Ffuncall (eval.c:2715)
==17527==    by 0x5A3447: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:880)
==17527==    by 0x4DC194: apply_lambda (eval.c:2800)
==17527==    by 0x4DA3C1: eval_sub (eval.c:2247)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: Feval (eval.c:1994)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: top_level_2 (keyboard.c:1121)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: internal_condition_case.constprop.255 
(eval.c:1315)
==17527==    by 0x41A9C4: top_level_1 (keyboard.c:1129)
==17527==    by 0x4D6A2A: internal_catch (eval.c:1080)
==17527==    by 0x42108C: command_loop.lto_priv.712 (keyboard.c:1090)
==17527==    by 0x421262: recursive_edit_1 (keyboard.c:697)
==17527==    by 0x421262: Frecursive_edit (keyboard.c:768)
==17527==    by 0x408E5C: main (emacs.c:1629)
==17527==  Address 0x14a8470 is in a rw- mapped file 
/src/emacs-25.2/src/bootstrap-emacs segment
==17527==
==17527== Invalid free() / delete / delete[] / realloc()
==17527==    at 0x4C29CDA: free (vg_replace_malloc.c:530)
==17527==    by 0x5680A7: xfree (alloc.c:879)
==17527==    by 0x5680A7: free_glyph_matrix (dispnew.c:305)
==17527==    by 0x5680A7: free_window_matrices (dispnew.c:2239)
==17527==    by 0x568328: free_glyphs.part.15 (dispnew.c:2174)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: free_glyphs (dispnew.c:2165)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: check_glyph_memory (dispnew.c:2262)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: shut_down_emacs (emacs.c:2015)
==17527==    by 0x41C4F7: Fkill_emacs (emacs.c:1929)
==17527==    by 0x4210B4: command_loop.lto_priv.712 (keyboard.c:1096)
==17527==    by 0x421262: recursive_edit_1 (keyboard.c:697)
==17527==    by 0x421262: Frecursive_edit (keyboard.c:768)
==17527==    by 0x408E5C: main (emacs.c:1629)
==17527==  Address 0xbb44b0 is in a rw- mapped file 
/src/emacs-25.2/src/bootstrap-emacs segment
==17527==
==17527== Invalid free() / delete / delete[] / realloc()
==17527==    at 0x4C29CDA: free (vg_replace_malloc.c:530)
==17527==    by 0x5680AF: xfree (alloc.c:879)
==17527==    by 0x5680AF: free_glyph_matrix (dispnew.c:306)
==17527==    by 0x5680AF: free_window_matrices (dispnew.c:2239)
==17527==    by 0x568328: free_glyphs.part.15 (dispnew.c:2174)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: free_glyphs (dispnew.c:2165)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: check_glyph_memory (dispnew.c:2262)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: shut_down_emacs (emacs.c:2015)
==17527==    by 0x41C4F7: Fkill_emacs (emacs.c:1929)
==17527==    by 0x4210B4: command_loop.lto_priv.712 (keyboard.c:1096)
==17527==    by 0x421262: recursive_edit_1 (keyboard.c:697)
==17527==    by 0x421262: Frecursive_edit (keyboard.c:768)
==17527==    by 0x408E5C: main (emacs.c:1629)
==17527==  Address 0xbb1140 is in a rw- mapped file 
/src/emacs-25.2/src/bootstrap-emacs segment
==17527==
==17527== Invalid free() / delete / delete[] / realloc()
==17527==    at 0x4C29CDA: free (vg_replace_malloc.c:530)
==17527==    by 0x5680D7: xfree (alloc.c:879)
==17527==    by 0x5680D7: free_glyph_matrix (dispnew.c:305)
==17527==    by 0x5680D7: free_window_matrices (dispnew.c:2240)
==17527==    by 0x568328: free_glyphs.part.15 (dispnew.c:2174)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: free_glyphs (dispnew.c:2165)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: check_glyph_memory (dispnew.c:2262)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: shut_down_emacs (emacs.c:2015)
==17527==    by 0x41C4F7: Fkill_emacs (emacs.c:1929)
==17527==    by 0x4210B4: command_loop.lto_priv.712 (keyboard.c:1096)
==17527==    by 0x421262: recursive_edit_1 (keyboard.c:697)
==17527==    by 0x421262: Frecursive_edit (keyboard.c:768)
==17527==    by 0x408E5C: main (emacs.c:1629)
==17527==  Address 0xbb3bf0 is in a rw- mapped file 
/src/emacs-25.2/src/bootstrap-emacs segment
==17527==
==17527== Invalid free() / delete / delete[] / realloc()
==17527==    at 0x4C29CDA: free (vg_replace_malloc.c:530)
==17527==    by 0x5680DF: xfree (alloc.c:879)
==17527==    by 0x5680DF: free_glyph_matrix (dispnew.c:306)
==17527==    by 0x5680DF: free_window_matrices (dispnew.c:2240)
==17527==    by 0x568328: free_glyphs.part.15 (dispnew.c:2174)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: free_glyphs (dispnew.c:2165)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: check_glyph_memory (dispnew.c:2262)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: shut_down_emacs (emacs.c:2015)
==17527==    by 0x41C4F7: Fkill_emacs (emacs.c:1929)
==17527==    by 0x4210B4: command_loop.lto_priv.712 (keyboard.c:1096)
==17527==    by 0x421262: recursive_edit_1 (keyboard.c:697)
==17527==    by 0x421262: Frecursive_edit (keyboard.c:768)
==17527==    by 0x408E5C: main (emacs.c:1629)
==17527==  Address 0xbb10d0 is in a rw- mapped file 
/src/emacs-25.2/src/bootstrap-emacs segment
==17527==
==17527== Invalid free() / delete / delete[] / realloc()
==17527==    at 0x4C29CDA: free (vg_replace_malloc.c:530)
==17527==    by 0x568249: xfree (alloc.c:879)
==17527==    by 0x568249: free_glyph_matrix (dispnew.c:306)
==17527==    by 0x568249: free_glyphs.part.15 (dispnew.c:2205)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: free_glyphs (dispnew.c:2165)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: check_glyph_memory (dispnew.c:2262)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: shut_down_emacs (emacs.c:2015)
==17527==    by 0x41C4F7: Fkill_emacs (emacs.c:1929)
==17527==    by 0x4210B4: command_loop.lto_priv.712 (keyboard.c:1096)
==17527==    by 0x421262: recursive_edit_1 (keyboard.c:697)
==17527==    by 0x421262: Frecursive_edit (keyboard.c:768)
==17527==    by 0x408E5C: main (emacs.c:1629)
==17527==  Address 0xbb0ff0 is in a rw- mapped file 
/src/emacs-25.2/src/bootstrap-emacs segment
==17527==
==17527== Invalid free() / delete / delete[] / realloc()
==17527==    at 0x4C29CDA: free (vg_replace_malloc.c:530)
==17527==    by 0x568279: xfree (alloc.c:879)
==17527==    by 0x568279: free_glyph_matrix (dispnew.c:306)
==17527==    by 0x568279: free_glyphs.part.15 (dispnew.c:2206)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: free_glyphs (dispnew.c:2165)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: check_glyph_memory (dispnew.c:2262)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: shut_down_emacs (emacs.c:2015)
==17527==    by 0x41C4F7: Fkill_emacs (emacs.c:1929)
==17527==    by 0x4210B4: command_loop.lto_priv.712 (keyboard.c:1096)
==17527==    by 0x421262: recursive_edit_1 (keyboard.c:697)
==17527==    by 0x421262: Frecursive_edit (keyboard.c:768)
==17527==    by 0x408E5C: main (emacs.c:1629)
==17527==  Address 0xbb1060 is in a rw- mapped file 
/src/emacs-25.2/src/bootstrap-emacs segment
==17527==
==17527== Invalid free() / delete / delete[] / realloc()
==17527==    at 0x4C29CDA: free (vg_replace_malloc.c:530)
==17527==    by 0x5682A9: xfree (alloc.c:879)
==17527==    by 0x5682A9: free_glyph_pool (dispnew.c:1313)
==17527==    by 0x5682A9: free_glyphs.part.15 (dispnew.c:2213)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: free_glyphs (dispnew.c:2165)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: check_glyph_memory (dispnew.c:2262)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: shut_down_emacs (emacs.c:2015)
==17527==    by 0x41C4F7: Fkill_emacs (emacs.c:1929)
==17527==    by 0x4210B4: command_loop.lto_priv.712 (keyboard.c:1096)
==17527==    by 0x421262: recursive_edit_1 (keyboard.c:697)
==17527==    by 0x421262: Frecursive_edit (keyboard.c:768)
==17527==    by 0x408E5C: main (emacs.c:1629)
==17527==  Address 0xbb1290 is in a rw- mapped file 
/src/emacs-25.2/src/bootstrap-emacs segment
==17527==
==17527== Invalid free() / delete / delete[] / realloc()
==17527==    at 0x4C29CDA: free (vg_replace_malloc.c:530)
==17527==    by 0x5682B1: xfree (alloc.c:879)
==17527==    by 0x5682B1: free_glyph_pool (dispnew.c:1314)
==17527==    by 0x5682B1: free_glyphs.part.15 (dispnew.c:2213)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: free_glyphs (dispnew.c:2165)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: check_glyph_memory (dispnew.c:2262)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: shut_down_emacs (emacs.c:2015)
==17527==    by 0x41C4F7: Fkill_emacs (emacs.c:1929)
==17527==    by 0x4210B4: command_loop.lto_priv.712 (keyboard.c:1096)
==17527==    by 0x421262: recursive_edit_1 (keyboard.c:697)
==17527==    by 0x421262: Frecursive_edit (keyboard.c:768)
==17527==    by 0x408E5C: main (emacs.c:1629)
==17527==  Address 0xb77580 is in a rw- mapped file 
/src/emacs-25.2/src/bootstrap-emacs segment
==17527==
==17527== Invalid free() / delete / delete[] / realloc()
==17527==    at 0x4C29CDA: free (vg_replace_malloc.c:530)
==17527==    by 0x5682CB: xfree (alloc.c:879)
==17527==    by 0x5682CB: free_glyph_pool (dispnew.c:1313)
==17527==    by 0x5682CB: free_glyphs.part.15 (dispnew.c:2214)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: free_glyphs (dispnew.c:2165)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: check_glyph_memory (dispnew.c:2262)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: shut_down_emacs (emacs.c:2015)
==17527==    by 0x41C4F7: Fkill_emacs (emacs.c:1929)
==17527==    by 0x4210B4: command_loop.lto_priv.712 (keyboard.c:1096)
==17527==    by 0x421262: recursive_edit_1 (keyboard.c:697)
==17527==    by 0x421262: Frecursive_edit (keyboard.c:768)
==17527==    by 0x408E5C: main (emacs.c:1629)
==17527==  Address 0xbb2740 is in a rw- mapped file 
/src/emacs-25.2/src/bootstrap-emacs segment
==17527==
==17527== Invalid free() / delete / delete[] / realloc()
==17527==    at 0x4C29CDA: free (vg_replace_malloc.c:530)
==17527==    by 0x5682D3: xfree (alloc.c:879)
==17527==    by 0x5682D3: free_glyph_pool (dispnew.c:1314)
==17527==    by 0x5682D3: free_glyphs.part.15 (dispnew.c:2214)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: free_glyphs (dispnew.c:2165)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: check_glyph_memory (dispnew.c:2262)
==17527==    by 0x41C3E9: shut_down_emacs (emacs.c:2015)
==17527==    by 0x41C4F7: Fkill_emacs (emacs.c:1929)
==17527==    by 0x4210B4: command_loop.lto_priv.712 (keyboard.c:1096)
==17527==    by 0x421262: recursive_edit_1 (keyboard.c:697)
==17527==    by 0x421262: Frecursive_edit (keyboard.c:768)
==17527==    by 0x408E5C: main (emacs.c:1629)
==17527==  Address 0xb77640 is in a rw- mapped file 
/src/emacs-25.2/src/bootstrap-emacs segment
==17527==
==17527==
==17527== FILE DESCRIPTORS: 2 open at exit.
==17527== Open file descriptor 4:
==17527==    at 0x63A90B7: timerfd_create (syscall-template.S:81)
==17527==    by 0x40AD48: init_atimer (atimer.c:566)
==17527==    by 0x40AD48: main (emacs.c:1201)
==17527==
==17527== Open file descriptor 0: /dev/pts/2
==17527==    <inherited from parent>
==17527==
==17527==
==17527== HEAP SUMMARY:
==17527==     in use at exit: 10,680 bytes in 14 blocks
==17527==   total heap usage: 1,290 allocs, 1,299 frees, 123,516 bytes 
allocated
==17527==
==17527== 8 bytes in 1 blocks are still reachable in loss record 1 of 14
==17527==    at 0x4C28B2D: malloc (vg_replace_malloc.c:299)
==17527==    by 0x42B817: lmalloc (alloc.c:1414)
==17527==    by 0x42B817: xmalloc (alloc.c:821)
==17527==    by 0x42B817: xstrdup (alloc.c:997)
==17527==    by 0x52DCF3: add_user_signal (keyboard.c:7178)
==17527==    by 0x40A8E2: init_signals (sysdep.c:1965)
==17527==    by 0x40A8E2: main (emacs.c:1137)
==17527==
==17527== 8 bytes in 1 blocks are still reachable in loss record 2 of 14
==17527==    at 0x4C28B2D: malloc (vg_replace_malloc.c:299)
==17527==    by 0x42B817: lmalloc (alloc.c:1414)
==17527==    by 0x42B817: xmalloc (alloc.c:821)
==17527==    by 0x42B817: xstrdup (alloc.c:997)
==17527==    by 0x52DCF3: add_user_signal (keyboard.c:7178)
==17527==    by 0x40A8F1: init_signals (sysdep.c:1968)
==17527==    by 0x40A8F1: main (emacs.c:1137)
==17527==
==17527== 32 bytes in 1 blocks are still reachable in loss record 3 of 14
==17527==    at 0x4C28B2D: malloc (vg_replace_malloc.c:299)
==17527==    by 0x42748C: lmalloc (alloc.c:1414)
==17527==    by 0x42748C: xmalloc (alloc.c:821)
==17527==    by 0x52DCE6: add_user_signal (keyboard.c:7176)
==17527==    by 0x40A8E2: init_signals (sysdep.c:1965)
==17527==    by 0x40A8E2: main (emacs.c:1137)
==17527==
==17527== 32 bytes in 1 blocks are still reachable in loss record 4 of 14
==17527==    at 0x4C28B2D: malloc (vg_replace_malloc.c:299)
==17527==    by 0x42748C: lmalloc (alloc.c:1414)
==17527==    by 0x42748C: xmalloc (alloc.c:821)
==17527==    by 0x52DCE6: add_user_signal (keyboard.c:7176)
==17527==    by 0x40A8F1: init_signals (sysdep.c:1968)
==17527==    by 0x40A8F1: main (emacs.c:1137)
==17527==
==17527== 40 bytes in 1 blocks are still reachable in loss record 5 of 14
==17527==    at 0x4C28B2D: malloc (vg_replace_malloc.c:299)
==17527==    by 0x5AF10C: lmalloc (alloc.c:1414)
==17527==    by 0x5AF10C: xmalloc (alloc.c:821)
==17527==    by 0x5AF10C: make_blv (data.c:1577)
==17527==    by 0x5AF10C: Fmake_local_variable (data.c:1744)
==17527==    by 0x4DB1A2: Ffuncall (eval.c:2699)
==17527==    by 0x5A3447: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:880)
==17527==    by 0x4DB05A: Ffuncall (eval.c:2748)
==17527==    by 0x45D1EB: call0 (eval.c:2550)
==17527==    by 0x45D1EB: get_minibuffer (minibuf.c:784)
==17527==    by 0x4084DD: init_buffer (buffer.c:5328)
==17527==    by 0x4084DD: main (emacs.c:1362)
==17527==
==17527== 100 bytes in 1 blocks are still reachable in loss record 6 of 14
==17527==    at 0x4C28B2D: malloc (vg_replace_malloc.c:299)
==17527==    by 0x42748C: lmalloc (alloc.c:1414)
==17527==    by 0x42748C: xmalloc (alloc.c:821)
==17527==    by 0x408DD6: init_xdisp (xdisp.c:31970)
==17527==    by 0x408DD6: main (emacs.c:1577)
==17527==
==17527== 128 bytes in 1 blocks are still reachable in loss record 7 of 14
==17527==    at 0x4C28B2D: malloc (vg_replace_malloc.c:299)
==17527==    by 0x4DE039: tzalloc (time_rz.c:97)
==17527==    by 0x4DE039: xtzalloc (editfns.c:127)
==17527==    by 0x4DE039: tzlookup.part.9.lto_priv.624 (editfns.c:177)
==17527==    by 0x4DE26F: tzlookup (editfns.c:236)
==17527==    by 0x4DE26F: init_editfns.part.10 (editfns.c:236)
==17527==    by 0x408A41: init_editfns (editfns.c:207)
==17527==    by 0x408A41: main (emacs.c:1555)
==17527==
==17527== 128 bytes in 1 blocks are still reachable in loss record 8 of 14
==17527==    at 0x4C28B2D: malloc (vg_replace_malloc.c:299)
==17527==    by 0x42B947: lmalloc (alloc.c:1414)
==17527==    by 0x42B947: xrealloc (alloc.c:859)
==17527==    by 0x4A480C: xpalloc (alloc.c:983)
==17527==    by 0x4A480C: emacs_setenv_TZ (editfns.c:2415)
==17527==    by 0x4DDFC6: tzlookup.part.9.lto_priv.624 (editfns.c:183)
==17527==    by 0x4DE26F: tzlookup (editfns.c:236)
==17527==    by 0x4DE26F: init_editfns.part.10 (editfns.c:236)
==17527==    by 0x408A41: init_editfns (editfns.c:207)
==17527==    by 0x408A41: main (emacs.c:1555)
==17527==
==17527== 128 bytes in 1 blocks are definitely lost in loss record 9 of 14
==17527==    at 0x4C28B2D: malloc (vg_replace_malloc.c:299)
==17527==    by 0x4DE249: tzalloc (time_rz.c:97)
==17527==    by 0x4DE249: xtzalloc (editfns.c:127)
==17527==    by 0x4DE249: init_editfns.part.10 (editfns.c:235)
==17527==    by 0x408A41: init_editfns (editfns.c:207)
==17527==    by 0x408A41: main (emacs.c:1555)
==17527==
==17527== 288 bytes in 1 blocks are still reachable in loss record 10 of 14
==17527==    at 0x4C28B2D: malloc (vg_replace_malloc.c:299)
==17527==    by 0x4D6869: push_handler_nosignal (eval.c:1417)
==17527==    by 0x4D69E3: push_handler (eval.c:1405)
==17527==    by 0x4D69E3: internal_catch (eval.c:1075)
==17527==    by 0x42108C: command_loop.lto_priv.712 (keyboard.c:1090)
==17527==    by 0x421262: recursive_edit_1 (keyboard.c:697)
==17527==    by 0x421262: Frecursive_edit (keyboard.c:768)
==17527==    by 0x408E5C: main (emacs.c:1629)
==17527==
==17527== 288 bytes in 1 blocks are still reachable in loss record 11 of 14
==17527==    at 0x4C28B2D: malloc (vg_replace_malloc.c:299)
==17527==    by 0x4D6869: push_handler_nosignal (eval.c:1417)
==17527==    by 0x5B8674: push_handler (eval.c:1405)
==17527==    by 0x5B8674: internal_condition_case.constprop.255 
(eval.c:1305)
==17527==    by 0x41A9C4: top_level_1 (keyboard.c:1129)
==17527==    by 0x4D6A2A: internal_catch (eval.c:1080)
==17527==    by 0x42108C: command_loop.lto_priv.712 (keyboard.c:1090)
==17527==    by 0x421262: recursive_edit_1 (keyboard.c:697)
==17527==    by 0x421262: Frecursive_edit (keyboard.c:768)
==17527==    by 0x408E5C: main (emacs.c:1629)
==17527==
==17527== 288 bytes in 1 blocks are still reachable in loss record 12 of 14
==17527==    at 0x4C28B2D: malloc (vg_replace_malloc.c:299)
==17527==    by 0x4D6869: push_handler_nosignal (eval.c:1417)
==17527==    by 0x4D68DF: push_handler (eval.c:1405)
==17527==    by 0x4D68DF: internal_condition_case_1 (eval.c:1329)
==17527==    by 0x4456EE: Fload (lread.c:1069)
==17527==    by 0x4DB156: Ffuncall (eval.c:2715)
==17527==    by 0x5A3447: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:880)
==17527==    by 0x4DC194: apply_lambda (eval.c:2800)
==17527==    by 0x4DA3C1: eval_sub (eval.c:2247)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: Feval (eval.c:1994)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: top_level_2 (keyboard.c:1121)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: internal_condition_case.constprop.255 
(eval.c:1315)
==17527==    by 0x41A9C4: top_level_1 (keyboard.c:1129)
==17527==    by 0x4D6A2A: internal_catch (eval.c:1080)
==17527==    by 0x42108C: command_loop.lto_priv.712 (keyboard.c:1090)
==17527==    by 0x421262: recursive_edit_1 (keyboard.c:697)
==17527==    by 0x421262: Frecursive_edit (keyboard.c:768)
==17527==    by 0x408E5C: main (emacs.c:1629)
==17527==
==17527== 1,024 bytes in 1 blocks are definitely lost in loss record 13 
of 14
==17527==    at 0x4C28B2D: malloc (vg_replace_malloc.c:299)
==17527==    by 0x42748C: lmalloc (alloc.c:1414)
==17527==    by 0x42748C: xmalloc (alloc.c:821)
==17527==    by 0x556AF4: regex_compile (regex.c:2495)
==17527==    by 0x556AF4: re_compile_pattern (regex.c:6346)
==17527==    by 0x556AF4: compile_pattern_1 (search.c:142)
==17527==    by 0x556AF4: compile_pattern (search.c:237)
==17527==    by 0x439C15: fast_c_string_match_ignore_case (search.c:505)
==17527==    by 0x439C15: safe_to_load_version (lread.c:923)
==17527==    by 0x44593D: Fload (lread.c:1212)
==17527==    by 0x4DB156: Ffuncall (eval.c:2715)
==17527==    by 0x5A3447: exec_byte_code (bytecode.c:880)
==17527==    by 0x4DC194: apply_lambda (eval.c:2800)
==17527==    by 0x4DA3C1: eval_sub (eval.c:2247)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: Feval (eval.c:1994)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: top_level_2 (keyboard.c:1121)
==17527==    by 0x5B86B7: internal_condition_case.constprop.255 
(eval.c:1315)
==17527==    by 0x41A9C4: top_level_1 (keyboard.c:1129)
==17527==    by 0x4D6A2A: internal_catch (eval.c:1080)
==17527==    by 0x42108C: command_loop.lto_priv.712 (keyboard.c:1090)
==17527==    by 0x421262: recursive_edit_1 (keyboard.c:697)
==17527==    by 0x421262: Frecursive_edit (keyboard.c:768)
==17527==    by 0x408E5C: main (emacs.c:1629)
==17527==
==17527== 8,188 bytes in 1 blocks are still reachable in loss record 14 
of 14
==17527==    at 0x4C28B2D: malloc (vg_replace_malloc.c:299)
==17527==    by 0x42A85E: lmalloc (alloc.c:1414)
==17527==    by 0x42A85E: lisp_malloc.lto_priv.368 (alloc.c:1063)
==17527==    by 0x5AF890: allocate_string_data (alloc.c:1998)
==17527==    by 0x5AF890: make_uninit_multibyte_string.part.19 
(alloc.c:2513)
==17527==    by 0x429519: make_uninit_multibyte_string (alloc.c:2506)
==17527==    by 0x429519: make_uninit_string (alloc.c:2491)
==17527==    by 0x429519: make_unibyte_string (alloc.c:2418)
==17527==    by 0x42B563: make_string (alloc.c:2406)
==17527==    by 0x40879C: build_string (lisp.h:3674)
==17527==    by 0x40879C: set_initial_environment (callproc.c:1649)
==17527==    by 0x40879C: main (emacs.c:1351)
==17527==
==17527== LEAK SUMMARY:
==17527==    definitely lost: 1,152 bytes in 2 blocks
==17527==    indirectly lost: 0 bytes in 0 blocks
==17527==      possibly lost: 0 bytes in 0 blocks
==17527==    still reachable: 9,528 bytes in 12 blocks
==17527==         suppressed: 0 bytes in 0 blocks
==17527==
==17527== For counts of detected and suppressed errors, rerun with: -v
==17527== ERROR SUMMARY: 30 errors from 18 contexts (suppressed: 0 from 0)