Subject: bug#26602: Add aegisub

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 20:54:34 -0400

On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 11:18:24AM +0200, Julien Lepiller wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> here are three patches to add aegisub, a subtitle editor. Should the
> change to boost go in another branch? core-updates?

Assuming that `guix refresh -l boost` is accurate, I think it would be
appropriate for the next staging cycle (or core-updates, if that comes
first).

> From 2ade2478712cda0acdaeb0aae4b32c4e357f5e58 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 21:42:55 +0200
> Subject: [PATCH 1/3] gnu: boost: Build with icu4c.
> 
> * gnu/packages/boost.scm (boost)[inputs]: Add icu4c.
> [arguments]: Add icu4c configure flag.

If you need this for aegisub, perhaps you could add a boost-with-icu
package just for aegisub, and then remove it after the primary boost
package has been rebuilt with icu4c.

> Subject: [PATCH 2/3] gnu: Add ffms2.
> 
> * gnu/packages/video.scm (ffms2): New variable.

> +   (synopsis "Cross-plateform wrapper around ffmpeg/libav")

s/plateform/platform

> +   (description
> +     "FFMpegSource is a wrapper library around ffmpeg/libav that allows
> +programmers to access a standard API to open and decompress media files")

Please end the sentence with a period (I think `guix lint` will catch
this).

> Subject: [PATCH 3/3] gnu: Add aegisub.
> 
> * gnu/packages/video.scm (aegisub): New variable.

> +    (synopsis "Subtitle engine")
> +    (description "Aegisub helps translators create subtitles for video")

How about this (based on text from the home-page)?

"Aegisub is a tool for creating and modifying subtitles.  Aegisub makes
it quick and easy to time subtitles to audio, and features many powerful
tools for styling them, including a built-in real-time video preview."