Subject: Re: bug#26599: patch for mwheel.el

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 18:38:28 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 18:12:50 +0900 (JST)
>> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>> From: Tak Kunihiro <[email-masked]>
>> 
>> > What makes this special is that you want Emacs to work differently
>> > depending on the input device.  Emacs normally makes a significant
>> > effort in the other direction: to produce the same behavior no matter
>> > where input came from.
>> > 
>> > I'm not sure we want to have such unusual behavior as part of Emacs.
>> 
>> Can you take a look minor-mode that I want to invoke by hook?  I still
>> think this is potentially useful to mouse-loving cloud using
>> <wheel-left> and <wheel-right>.
>
> I'm okay with adding this to ELPA.

But for this minor mode to work, I think mwheel-pre-scroll-hook had to
be implemented, if I understood correctly?

This is two years old, though, so I'm not sure any of this is still an
issue...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no