Subject: Re: Icecat 52 crashing in file dialogues

From: Pjotr Prins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 05:20:19 +0000

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 08:03:51PM +0200, Clément Lassieur wrote:
> ng0 <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Hi,
> >
> > has someone else experienced crashes since the icecat update?
> >
> > My system state isn't that old, but a week older than my profile state.
> > File dialgues (save file) cause random crashes, Open file dialogues (change profile picture, etc) cause reproducible crashes all the time.
> 
> Yes, I did experience the same thing.  I wrote a small patch that fixes
> it, see https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=26593.
> 
> I'm not a GTK expert, there might be a cleaner way deal with
> XDG_DATA_DIRS.

Looks like we can use similar wrappers for all GTK tools, including
gnumeric, geeqie, gnucash etc. Those are the ones that crash on me
without XDG_DATA_DIRS. At this point I use alias on my Debian based
system:

alias gnucash='env XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/local/share:/usr/share gnucash'
alias gnumeric='env XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/local/share:/usr/share gnumeric'

--