Subject: Re: bug#26589: Can't built Emacs from source (both master and 25.1 from tarball fail)

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 20:04:19 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > I've had to switch linux distros on my workstation (Xubuntu->Fedora),
  > and now the build completes perfectly, without errors.

I am glad it now works, but please don't call it a "Linux distro".
Ubuntu and Fedora are GNU/Linux distros -- variants of the GNU/Linux
system.

Please don't call the system "Linux", because that would be attributing
our work to someone else and giving us none of the credit.

For more explanation, see https://gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html and
https://gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html, plus the history in
https://gnu.org/gnu/the-gnu-project.html.
-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (gnu.org, fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (internethalloffame.org)
Skype: No way! See stallman.org/skype.html.