Subject: bug#26588: [PATCH 1/3] licenses: Add Bitstream Vera.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 11:13:23 +0200

Hello! Thanks for bringing this up.

Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]> writes:

> * guix/licenses.scm (bitstream-vera): New variable.

[...]
  
> +(define bitstream-vera
> +  (license "Bitstream Vera"
> +           "https://www.gnome.org/fonts/#Final_Bitstream_Vera_Fonts"
> +           "\"The Font Software may be sold as part of a larger software package
> +but no copy of one or more of the Font Software typefaces may be sold by
> +itself.\"
> +
> +The license is non-free because of the above clause, but a Guix package is a
> +\"larger software package\"."))

Instead of "officially recognizing" these licenses, which are unlikely
to be re-used and ostensibly non-free, perhaps we could have a
"fsdg-compatible" license procedure similar to "fsf-free". What do you
think?