Subject: bug#26587: 26.0.50; Gnus signs with false S/MIME key

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 11:04:28 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Torsten Bronger <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> mml-secure-smime-sign-with-sender defaults to nil, so it's normally not
>>> used.  So this returns just the value of mml-secure-smime-signers.
>>> What's that variable for you?
>>
>> It’s nil, and if I set it to t, my problem is gone.  Thank you!
>> Strange default, though …
>
> Yes it is.  Does anybody know why mml-secure-smime-sign-with-sender is
> nil?  Having it be t seems like a much more useful (and less surprising)
> value.

I think this problem was solved by having Message bug out (and say that
you should set mml-secure-smime-sign-with-sender if you wanted that), so
I'm closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no